Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I will NEVER put my child through that!

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:19 AM
  • 301 Replies
9 moms liked this
What's something petty that your mother didn't do when you were little that you swore you would do when you had kids? IE: My grandmother always bought my mom the smallest box of crayons.. Because of that I always had the biggest box that could be found. My mother never got me the cool band aids; I always had to use the plain boring ones... There are 6 different boxes of fun band aids in my medicine cabinet for my kiddos.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RiotPixie
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:20 AM
5 moms liked this
I only wore cheap clothes, I buy my kids what they want.
TugBoatMama
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:22 AM
9 moms liked this

We were never what I would call poor growing up, and I have never known Kool-Aid to be all that expensive. But for some reason Kool-Aid was always some uber special thing that we very rarely got, like once a year maybe. And I know it wasn't because my parents were afraid of sugar because they were big soda people. For some reason they were just very stingy with the Kool-Aid.

So now I buy Kool-Aid every trip to the grocery, because I friggin can :)

KristenFowles
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:23 AM
My parents were wealthy.. Mother grew up dirt poor and kept her verrrry frugal ways, my clothes came from wal-Mart. It was ok until teenish years.. Then it became hard. I feel ya.

Quoting RiotPixie:

I only wore cheap clothes, I buy my kids what they want.
kaylasmom22
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:23 AM
7 moms liked this
My mom never took me to any parks,or trips. I had the most boring childhood you can think off. I take dd everywhere I can
NewMamaBoo
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't have pets my kids will. I never had girl clothes. My kids will have new clothes that fits their style

kaylasmom22
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this
That's funny

Quoting TugBoatMama:

We were never what I would call poor growing up, and I have never known Kool-Aid to be all that expensive. But for some reason Kool-Aid was always some uber special thing that we very rarely got, like once a year maybe. And I know it wasn't because my parents were afraid of sugar because they were big soda people. For some reason they were just very stingy with the Kool-Aid.

KristenFowles
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm SO sorry.

Quoting kaylasmom22:

My mom never took me to any parks,or trips. I had the most boring childhood you can think off. I take dd everywhere I can
KristenFowles
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:25 AM
2 moms liked this
I LOVE it!

Quoting TugBoatMama:

waffa
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:26 AM

your stuff is petty superficial things. There are real things a parent doesn't want that are of a more substantial level.

not bashing, just pointing out that hello kitty bandaids can't possibly trump berating a kid or beating them as far as partenting fails go...

KristenFowles
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:27 AM
21 moms liked this
Did you miss the word PETTY in the original post???? That was the whole point....

Quoting waffa:

your stuff is petty superficial things. There are real things a parent doesn't want that are of a more substantial level.

not bashing, just pointing out that hello kitty bandaids can't possibly trump berating a kid or beating them as far as partenting fails go...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)