Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

They are getting on my last nerve!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:19 AM
  • 5 Replies

Again I am writing about husband's parents. They are here from out if town to " help" me because I just had a baby and I have 2 other kids, one being one year old that they have already messed up her sleep schedule that I worked hard to get her on. 

His parents will not go to bed!! Every night I hear them lurking in the living room and kitchen. It is past 3am and they are in the kitchen now. This is daily. Every morning they are awake before everyone. Do these people sleep? I cannot have a private moment for just 5 minutes because they are always around lurking and watching everything I do. Another thing- husband and I went yesterday and bought an air mattress and mattress pad, sheets etc and I set it up really nicely by myself so my husband can sleep on it after his early morning shift is over. I washed the new linen and aired up the mattress and took out the mattress pad, etc. mind you..I just got out of hospital today. But I wanted o help my husband and have it ready for him. After all this money we spent and I put it together...his parents tell me they will wake up when he gets home and he can use their bed (guest room bed). I said he won't be home until 4am and I already set up the new bed for him. They insisted they get up and sleep in the couch. Did they not just see me setting this all up for him? They just go and run over all my plans on everything. So sure enough, they are awake and in the kitchen lurking around and will go and tell my husband to take their bed after we spent all this money on his air mattress and sheets, etc. 

i wish they would go to a hotel because they are on my last damn nerve. This is just the beginning of all their annoying ways..

juggling

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:25 AM
Tell them you appreciate their help but they need to go stay in a hotel
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I would ship them to hotel as well or give them the mattress to put in iiving room to sleep on.   Set up shifts if they go to a hotel so you get a few hours of peace.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:13 AM

I don't want to minimize your feelings. They sound like insomniacs...I would STILL have dh sleep on the air mattress, even with them sleeping on the sofa. Keep to the plan. Maybe the feel they HAVE to get up, by their own feelings not yours or your dh.

I never got any help when I had my first son..not from my mil, not even my own mother. My 2nd son, I had a broken leg with an external fixator on it when I gave birth. I was not allowed to put any weight at all on my broken leg. My mil helped me quite alot. She was wonderful during that time. My mother I got nothing but criticism from and absolutely NO help, not 1 day, not 1 hour, not even 10 minutes.

Good luck

NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:22 AM
You deserve it if you can't tell them. Be honest or stop bitching.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lili_monkey
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:26 AM

Sounds like they are causing you more stress then help. How long are they staying?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)