Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

vent about mil

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  • 44 Replies
she never wants to spend time with any of her grandkids except when thier babies. she might let my.oldest son spend the night once ever couple of months and when she doez she dont get him until a friday evening then he is back home by 11 or so. she told him this time he could stay all day today well she is on her way with.him because she is keeping her other 2.5 mth old grandson all day until tommarrow! she got mad cuz my son woke up early and she didnt get to sleep.in. she says she is so excited about our soon to be daughter but once the newness wears off she wont have nothing to do with her just like all the others. its pathetic!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supermom0609
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM
bump
2under5.mom
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Well my MIL use to say.she didnt keep kids until they were 5 and she barely came to visit them. Now that my DS is 5 she says shes always busy and I would have to let her know a month before I needed her to watch them! My kids dont even like going to her house so im not worried about her watching them.
supermom0609
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM
well she has a daughter the same age as my son yea weird i know but my.boys love the two girls and beg to go over there. i want her to want to want to spend time with them.

Quoting 2under5.mom:

Well my MIL use to say.she didnt keep kids until they were 5 and she barely came to visit them. Now that my DS is 5 she says shes always busy and I would have to let her know a month before I needed her to watch them! My kids dont even like going to her house so im not worried about her watching them.

SoKamele
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I don't know what to tell you.....my son is spending the night with grandma tonite.

She lets him stay whenever he wants.......but it's easy....she's lives in the apt above the garage.

Sorry...your mil can't be more of a grandma.

2007mommy2be
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:07 PM
What a crap reply.

Quoting SoKamele:

I don't know what to tell you.....my son is spending the night with grandma tonite.

She lets him stay whenever he wants.......but it's easy....she's lives in the apt above the garage.

Sorry...your mil can't be more of a grandma.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2007mommy2be
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Well op ... some mils and gma's are like that. My mom was like that for awhile (it was just her) and she didnt take too much to my 3rd. But in the last year or more shes really stepped up. Especially with my 5 yr old ds and 2 yr old dd. My 7 month old is a dd too fyi. I say go about ur business and stop trying. Maybe she will come around? Idk mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
specialwingz
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Some people just don't know what to do with kids once they are beyond the baby stages.  Even if they've had kids of their own.  They simply don't know how to entertain them.  On the flip side, there are people who don't care to handle all that is involved with infants.  Everyone is different and you can't force it on them.

supermom0609
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:17 PM
she doesnt even have to do anything her oldest daughter at home is 12 soon to be 13 and she plays with them and takes care of.them when my.kids are over there. she even makes a activity.schedule lol

Quoting specialwingz:

Some people just don't know what to do with kids once they are beyond the baby stages.  Even if they've had kids of their own.  They simply don't know how to entertain them.  On the flip side, there are people who don't care to handle all that is involved with infants.  Everyone is different and you can't force it on them.

specialwingz
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I've learned you can't MAKE people be what you want them to be.  It's her loss.

Quoting supermom0609:

she doesnt even have to do anything her oldest daughter at home is 12 soon to be 13 and she plays with them and takes care of.them when my.kids are over there. she even makes a activity.schedule lol

Quoting specialwingz:

NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids don't stay over at my moms house. She isn't a babysitter. She has a life and she can do what she wants with her time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN