Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

One tired mom!!

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 3 Replies

HI!  I am the mom to 2 very active kids!  They are 11 months apart - yikes - and they generally have me on the ropes by early afternoon.  I am also a high school theatre teacher and I don't get home during the week before 6 pm.  I am not getting any rest and am really starting to feel like I can't keep up.  I could really use some advice on how to keep my energy up and not get sick in the process.

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Reina13
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Hello and welcome to CafeMom!

Wow you are busy! Two little ones and a full time teaching position.
One thing that worked for me when mine were younger was to have Saturday lay ins. One Saturday mornings, I would put them in bed with me (this was a treat for them since I didnt co sleep) and we would snuggle and they would read their books or watch a movie from bed. While I didnt sleep, it was a nice relaxing couple of hours that I wasnt up running around. Sometimes they would fall back asleep so I could get a little nap in as well.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:27 AM
I am a middle school teacher with 3 active kids. This weekend one had a middle school dance that i chaperoned, another won snowball princess at her high school dance and since i knew she was in the court at the very least i went to take pictures. My other one has 5 hours of dance dress rehearsal to prepare for the competition season. I also clean the house each weekend from top to bottom and do all laundry.... And of course dh has the flu.
How do i deal? I go to bed by 10 pm, eat healthy and make sure i walk a few laps around school during prep. I also drink water constantly. I refill a 36 ounce cup 4 times a day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Welcome to the group! My 11yo and 12yo daughters are also 11mos apart so I remember well the super crazy early years, lol. It does get better but my advice for now is to choose your battles and determine what your top priorities should be. For example, is it important to have your house 100% spotless every day, or to just have like your main living areas clean and let the rest go for a few days? If you cut yourself some slack on some things like that, you'll have a bit more energy to deal with the rest. Also, if you go to bed at a decent hour every night you'll get more rest which will give you more energy and also help you fight off various sicknesses. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN