Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why did she do that to her beautiful face?

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:49 PM
  • 9 Replies
This past Thursday I went in for my yearly Pap test (yes, on Valentine's day, DUMB!), anyway my ob/gyn hardly even looked like herself. She had her lips plumped and her face injected with who knows what. This was a beautiful woman. She's in her early forties, petite, fit, long natural red hair and really could easily pass for thirty. I couldn't believe someone so confident and accomplished would do that to themselves. I know it's her business not mine, but I was surprised and a little saddened. I hope the effects wear off soon and she stops.

I fully support a woman's decision to use Botox, fillers and surgery if that's what makes her feel youthful and still attractive, but to see someone change that drastically and not for the better is difficult especially when you admire them. Still, her face and her choice.
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Oh man hopefully it was done recently and swelling will go down.  I am always sad to see women use all that crap on their body.  Men as well since it is even more obvious on them when they get lips plumped or fillers in cheeks.

twoblues
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Quoting frndlyfn:

Oh man hopefully it was done recently and swelling will go down.  I am always sad to see women use all that crap on their body.  Men as well since it is even more obvious on them when they get lips plumped or fillers in cheeks.

I was hoping it was just swelling and that she will eventually look better.
mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah i've wondered this about a lot of woman that do that,I mean it's their choice but for F sake why so young??  I mean seems to me your just speeding up the aging process as most of the woman i've seen always (to me) look worse and not better esp. with surgery....There choice.....It's just sad !    

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I definitely hope so .

Quoting twoblues:

Quoting frndlyfn:

I was hoping it was just swelling and that she will eventually look better.

twoblues
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Bump
demonica29
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I LOL at people who say that surgeries and procedures make people look worse rather than better. The vast majority of cosmetic procedures are done properly and with excellent results. So excellent, in fact, that you can't tell someone had work done. That is why uninformed people think that most plastic surgery 'ruins' people, because the only ones you notice are the botched ones.

BTW, my mom's 74, she had her first facelift right around 50 and no one knew. Last year she had a mini-lift as a touch up, again, no one knew, they just thought she looked great. She can EASILY pass for 60, and a well kept 60 at that. 

demonica29
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I LOL at people who say that surgeries and procedures make people look worse rather than better. The vast majority of cosmetic procedures are done properly and with excellent results. So excellent, in fact, that you can't tell someone had work done. That is why uninformed people think that most plastic surgery 'ruins' people, because the only ones you notice are the botched ones.

BTW, my mom's 74, she had her first facelift right around 50 and no one knew. Last year she had a mini-lift as a touch up, again, no one knew, they just thought she looked great. She can EASILY pass for 60, and a well kept 60 at that. 

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I say the exact opposite about plain Jane and frumpy women....it boggles my mind when I say a woman who coud easily be really pretty if she just threw on some makeup and took time to do her hair.

but hey, her life, her business, her choice.  At the fort sign of wrinkles, I will be getting minimal Botox.

iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Maybe she got suckered into it at a Botox party?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)