Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Taking ds to Disneyland but leaving dd at home?

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:34 PM
  • 98 Replies
Am I mean for doing this? Ds is turning 5 in a month and he's had a tough road. Dd is 10 months old and obviously, still a baby. Ds has autism and has been going to EI preschool for almost 2 years. He's worked hard and made HUGE strides in his skills. I want to reward him for that and give him a two day stretch with both of our undivided attention. Dd will be at grandmas being spoiled rotten.

My aunt and cousin said it was messed up to leave dd at home (my mom doesn't mind a lick because she and my dad understand the purpose and ds overall).

If dd came with, the trip would take 3x as long, and one parent would have to stay behind with the stroller for every ride. Kwim?

So am I really being unfair to dd?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snowpeasmom
by Long legged mama on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:36 PM
2 moms liked this
About 1/2 of the rides you can go as a family, but I understand.

I wouldn't do it, well I have season passes so I would but if I only got to go once a year I would take a 10 month too as she would love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gregsgrl04
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:37 PM
8 moms liked this
Nope not at all! It's important to get that one on one time. And your DD won't remember it!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Scarllet
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think your being mean. 

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:40 PM
I combed the ride list before we made the decision and most of the whole family rides are really tame. I don't want him to be restricted at all. (Well, no Indiana jones or California screamin but everything else he can go on.)

Quoting snowpeasmom:

About 1/2 of the rides you can go as a family, but I understand.

I wouldn't do it, well I have season passes so I would but if I only got to go once a year I would take a 10 month too as she would love it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christinarb
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:43 PM
4 moms liked this
I dont think its wrong at all dd is only a baby she doesn't even know what that place is dont listen to anyone , it sounds like your a great mother and doing whats right, if u bring the baby with whats the point of undivided attention to your son, so i agree with you leaving the baby at home and takeing ur son on that two day trip , have fun ! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SoKamele
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:44 PM

nope....sounds great to me.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont think it is wrong. DD would have no clue what is going on and ds will like that alone time with parents.  I am sure dd will be spoiled while she is with grandparents.

emjoy5
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this
We took our middle son when he was 10 months old and he loved it! We haven't taken a baby since. We're going next year & my youngest will 5 and it'll be his first time going. We went 4 years ago & left him home with the grandparents & we had a great time with the older kids.

She's only 10 months old. She doesn't understand. While I loved seeing how excited my baby was about everything, it was harder having a baby. Taking the older kids was so much fun & we were able to get around a lot more quickly and easily.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this
This a maybe when she gets older ou can have a mother daughter trip

Quoting gregsgrl04:

Nope not at all! It's important to get that one on one time. And your DD won't remember it!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Holy crap, really? Your aunt and cousin are twits...lol Sorry, but the child is ten months old. I think people who take ten month old children to amazement parks are crazy. Waaaay to young, IMO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)