Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

how do you build your own self esteem?

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:40 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have ideas on this, but I want to hear what you all have to say. How would you teach people or what would you suggest to youth and adults on things that would build their self esteem. Thanks for suggestions in advance gals! HUGS

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:45 PM

BUMP!

TexanMomOf6
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:56 PM
3 moms liked this

We don't trash talk our friends, but we trash talk ourselves in our heads.

Once I learned to talk nicer to me, things got better.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:54 PM

idk..find something about yourself, a feature an attribute that you like and build on it.

Focus on your strengths rather than weaknesses.

elarsen4eva
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Fake it til you make it. When I was in elementary school I was super shy, didnt talk to many people unless I had to.
When I got to middle school I decided day one I wanted more friends and wanted to talk to people. It wasnt who I was but I faked it until I became comfortable around people.
i went a little over board at first but after a year of just annoying people instead of making friends I mellowed out when I mellowed I didnt have to fake it anymore. I had finally became confident in myself on my own
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elarsen4eva
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:00 AM
BUMP!
kidlover2
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Don't allow yourself to put you down. Try new things. Dress to please you.
NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I tell my kids to walk proud even when they don't feel it. Others respond to what you project. My kids walk in a room with heads held high, shoulders down and back and a smile on their face. People are nicer to people with confidence.
TableforSeven
by Judy on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Start with ONE thing you can do or are good at.  Remind yourself about that one thing.  Then, move on to adding a second thing....then a third...etc.  Basically building yourself up.

EvaTheDiva29
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

idk, but when i walked into a walmart, i instantly feel better about myself.

romanceparty4u
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:30 PM

positive affirmations all day long. recite them, write them, practice them.

When a negative thought comes in, turn it off fast and start reciting them. When someone else says something negative, remove yourself from the situation, and realize that a person will only say those things which come from deep inside their own psyche----they are reflecting their inner feelings outwardly, so they don't necessarily think that about  you---they think it about THEM.

I have come to find at this point in life, those who treated me badly were suffering....it wasn't me. It ws them. And many have told me that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)