Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What's your children's nighttime schedule?

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:29 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

What's your kids nighttime routine? I'm trying to get my 3.5 and 1 year old on a good bedtime schedule.. 

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JustMe0326
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:04 AM
My kids are 8 and 9. One takes a shower every night, the other one takes one every other night. But bed time is 8:30. (They have to get up at 6.) And they know that 8:25 is time to get jammies on and brush teeth. If they want a bedtime snack they have to ask way before then or its not happening. That's pretty much it. I'm pretty strict on bedtimes and schedules cause I think they're important.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:07 AM
My girls are 6 and 4.5...they've had the same routine since they were 18mos and newborn. Baths/showers starting around 7, jammies, brush hair, brush teeth, book, then bed by 8 (no later than 8:30). Occasionally I'll sit and watch some tv with the one who isn't in the shower while we wait, but I try to get them in and out quickly (my 4.5 year old is like a fish...she loves her showers and will play in the water until it runs ice cold if I let her).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SissyAnn141
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:31 AM

I agree, with both ladies, 8-9 pm.

This age should sleep 10-12 hours a night, make sure they are good and wore out.

When they start School same thing unless, you notice signs they need to go to bed.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Bath, snack, story or video, sleep.  She is turning 7 next month so she has a bit more independance than a 3 or 1 yr old.   For those ages we did snack, bath, 2-3 stories, music to help soothe her to sleep.

**eta**  For bath nights we start at 7:30pm, non bath nights we start at 8pm.  She is in bed by 9pm most nights since she needs to be up by 7:30am for school.

Paperfishies
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Baths, snack, family game or movie, teeth brushed,my 9 year old makes sure she has her back pack ready and by the door, then she goes to bed. My 2 year old usually stays up until I go to bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrystalDawn2506
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:52 AM

Dinner at 6pm,Bath at 8pm,bedtime story at 8:30pm,she is knocked out by 9pm. DD is 6 will be 7 this October she has had this schedule since she was 4.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN