Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

TMI but a little insight? Anyone else had this?

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:31 PM
  • 5 Replies

TMI warning!!!

i gave birth 5 months ago today to my first :D

I do not breast-feed unfortunately. My period resumed Month 2 post partum and was much shorter, around 3 days long. Last month I got a 1 day period, a heavy flow, cramps then gone after 24 hours. 3 days prior to that I had hip and some minor pain on the left side of my pelvis but it was on and off. Just to be safe I went to a private hospital (we were overseas for a month) and they did a sonogram, pregnancy test. I am fine they said, no cysts or anything concerning (even did a blood test). Then I had the 1 day period on the 21st of jan. Well wednesday morning after intimacy with dh, I noticed brown spotting. It was only when I wiped not coming down. I went to OBGYN friday, pregnancy test was negative, she did a pelvic exam and said everything feels fine probably just old blood from that 1 day period, is coming down now. Plus all the traveling and everything may have thrown my cycle off.

Today, Im still have brown discharge. But like I mentioned it is not coming out. Its up there and appears when I wipe. Sometimes I will see Red. I have symptoms of my period like acne flair-up, body aches, etc..but no cramps. IDK what to think? Anyone else have this before? I had a papsmear less than a year ago, normal. I was tested for everything under the sun during pregnancy and Im pretty healthy. I just feel like the only person whose ever gone through this..

Any insight? Thanks in advance!

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Diana_B.
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:48 PM
I have this but normal length periods and I'm a year past and with my 3rd. Infact I posted about it last night and thought maybe it was because of my tubal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2BeAmy
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:49 PM

:( I hope we can get answers or something. I hate that everytime I go to a Dr I wish they could pinpoint right away "Its this" instead of "its probably"...idk.

Quoting Diana_B.:

I have this but normal length periods and I'm a year past and with my 3rd. Infact I posted about it last night and thought maybe it was because of my tubal.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:05 AM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

Myhumblestart
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Your body can take up to a year to regulate your periods again after having a baby.Relax momma.It took my body 6 months after my son and 8 months after my daughter to get back on track with my cycle.Give your body time it's been they a lot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
i.love.my.life
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this
It can take awhile for your body to regulate itself again. Buy a bunch of dollar store tests, and test monthly until your periods regulate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN