Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The Dr. Said........

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:42 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this
So my 10 month old had the flu last month, it lasted for a few weeks. When we took her to the doctor she said that we must keep her head elevated while she slept and suggested letting her sleep in the carseat. So we did, it helped a lot while she was sick but now she won't sleep anywhere else at night or during naps.

We've been trying over a week now to break her of the habit but its impossible. She takes hours to go to sleep and then when she does she wakes up after 15 minutes and we repeat the process. Needless to say its been a nightmare and we've given up out of pure exhaustion.

I'm worried because she doesn't have much hair so you can see the shape of her head well. I've always thought it was flat but our dr said it was fine. I'm worried that sleeping in the carseat will not only prevent her hair from growing in back there but also make her head flatter. Is she too old at 10 months to be worried about that?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get her to sleep without the seat?

Also we've tried waiting till she fast asleep and then putting her in the crib but as soon as she feels she can move around she wakes up screaming.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Twowildboys
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:44 PM
BUMP
southernbelletx
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Your willpower should be stronger than hers. It can be hard, I have s very stubborn child. Her head at 10 mo wouldn't get flatter in a bed because she is rolling around.... It's mostly little guys who are stuck in one spot
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Swaddle her or roll receiving blankets against her when she us in the crib.I know I'm going to probably get reamed for suggesting anything else in the crib. But she is 10 months and can turn....the other thing you could do since she is used to having her head elevated is put a thick book under the mattress by the head...it will elevate the mattress a bit...
demonica29
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Swaddle is my suggestion. It sounds like the constriction is what she likes. If that doesn't work, why not just let her sleep in the carseat for now?

Tigress22304
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Either swaddle her-or let her sleep in the carseat. My DD was like that from 7months til 14months. Drove me nuts. But whatever got her to sleep!

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Ask her doctor about a infant sleeping wedge pillow
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN