Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

gall stones

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:45 AM
  • 11 Replies

Has anyone ever had them?  Tell me what they are like.....

I am normal weight and eat normal but every night for the last 2 months at almost 11 pm I get a horrible stomach ache.  It feels like there is something burning right below my rib cage in the upper abdomen.  My dad thinks I worry too much and have ulcers (lol) my mom is convinced its gall stones.  

Based on her stories of hers we tried to 'recreate it' and she says the only way to get it diagnosed is to go to the er during an attack and get an ultrasound.  So I went and ate awesome mexican tonight.  of course I got the stomach ache but I sent her home because to me ER's are met for people who got shot or a freak accident not the stomach ache.  Plus its not so bad I can't type this, I just hurt really bad in my stomach (I mean I had an infected c section so I base everything off that pain). 

So tell me what it feels like and how you got diagnosed please!  She also says that the only way to cure it is to have an operation which I don't want so please tell me there is another way... I plan to have an elimination diet starting tomorrow. 

You know you want it

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thatgirl70
by Carin on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:48 AM

That does sound like it. It took 5 months for me to get diagnosed when I had it because each time I got to the doctor the symptoms were gone. I'd get the "we can't find anything wrong with you" routine. I'd finally gone in enough times that the doctor subbing for my regular doctor (at the time) ordered a sonogram and that's how I found out.

.betty.white.
by bilf on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Its starting to get worse.  I know I can pop a few melatonin and pass out and in the morning it will feel fine like a horrible memory.  It feels like its a burning pain in my stomach.  Like its on fire.  IDK how to describe it but it doesn't feel good.  What did they do to try it, did you do anything or just operate?  Is there a way to fix it without operation? 

Quoting thatgirl70:

That does sound like it. It took 5 months for me to get diagnosed when I had it because each time I got to the doctor the symptoms were gone. I'd get the "we can't find anything wrong with you" routine. I'd finally gone in enough times that the doctor subbing for my regular doctor (at the time) ordered a sonogram and that's how I found out.

You know you want it

thatgirl70
by Carin on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:53 AM

I had laproscopic surgery, this was the late 90's. There might be other ways to treat it, but I don't know for sure, sorry.

Quoting .betty.white.:

Its starting to get worse.  I know I can pop a few melatonin and pass out and in the morning it will feel fine like a horrible memory.  It feels like its a burning pain in my stomach.  Like its on fire.  IDK how to describe it but it doesn't feel good.  What did they do to try it, did you do anything or just operate?  Is there a way to fix it without operation? 

Quoting thatgirl70:

RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:20 AM

go to the doctor. i waited so long i was unable to stand by the time went to the doctor. yeah waiting that long is dangerous. get it seen.

RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:24 AM

go to the doctor.

this can be serious.

RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:27 AM

when it happened to me. i thought it was something i ate. then i thought it was myh lactose intolerance. because i had diarreah. and vomiting. the pain was so intense. eating made me feel sicker. finally the pain would not allow me to get up. scared me so much. the pain was excruciating. i had to have emergency surgery. i barely had time to have someone else call my mom and see her before my surgery happened. seriously. get this seen.

RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:30 AM

positive energy your way. i always enjoy your posts. well  not this one so much. hope all turns out that you are okay. and that the doctor says its something less serious. gosh i hope you let us know you are better soon.

hugs

tayshayday
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:40 AM
. i was really sick for 4 days vomiting all day, really pale, and unbelievable pain that was worse than having a baby. i went to the er and one of the stones were stuck in my intestines and was causing fluid to go to my pancreas, and i had emergency surgery that same day. they removed my gallbladder.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)