Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How to wash cushions?

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:10 AM
  • 4 Replies
My lovely son smeared yogurt all over the cushions of the couch. Can I take the covers off an put them in the washer/dryer or will they be ruined? He also got yogurt on a non removable surface of the couch. How do I clean that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Beth3721
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:21 AM

The covers should have instructions on how to wash them.  Depending on the material, I would machine wash but hang to dry.  What is the nonremovable surface?  If it's fabric you could use some general foaming fabric cleaner.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:25 AM

your best bet is to use something like dawn dish detergent on a cloth with cool water. wring out the cloth you dont want to soak the spots. Also like previous post.er said read label on cushions. Then make child sit at table with food

BoxxyBabee
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I didn't even think of that, thanks. The nonremovable part is where your head goes... Thanks again

Quoting Beth3721:

The covers should have instructions on how to wash them.  Depending on the material, I would machine wash but hang to dry.  What is the nonremovable surface?  If it's fabric you could use some general foaming fabric cleaner.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaralynnStewart
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Before I had leather we had suede couches and I would just throw them in the washer and dryer and spot clean the rest of it with soap and water and a soft brush
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN