Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

one boob bigger than the other....

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:21 PM
  • 9 Replies
I'm BF and I'm finding that my baby prefers one boon over the other. I'm still putting him on both but noticing that the less liked one is much smaller.I don't get the gulp gulp gulp on that side. He falls asleep and nurses slowly.

What do I do???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:24 PM

try to pump that side as much as possible.

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:26 PM
I was afraid of that.

Quoting frndlyfn:

try to pump that side as much as possible.

Ktina11
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:26 PM
I was told to start with that side. Mine are significantly different sizes and if I started the feeding on my smaller side, the baby would be more apt to suck harder and longer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:29 PM

this. 

almost everyone who nurses has a "lazy boob"....its totally normal.

Quoting Ktina11:

I was told to start with that side. Mine are significantly different sizes and if I started the feeding on my smaller side, the baby would be more apt to suck harder and longer.

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Lazy boob...lol. So do I start with that side every time? Forever or until it catches up? Or will it never catch up?

Quoting tansyflower:

this. 

Quoting Ktina11:

Ktina11
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Mine never held as much as the other even through 4 babies. I started nearly every feeding on that side and it did gain some but never truely was equal.

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Lazy boob...lol. So do I start with that side every time? Forever or until it catches up? Or will it never catch up?

Quoting tansyflower:

this. 

Quoting Ktina11:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:37 PM

most times it will never be as good as the other side no matter how much you pump or nurse...most woman do not have the same amount of milk glands on each side which is why there is a difference in the first place.  and that is fine....heck my sister nursed both her kids off of just one breast and never had a problem :)

but i would defintely start out each nursing session on the lazy boob since baby will be so focused on eating they wont care as much!

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Quoting tansyflower:

this. 

Quoting Ktina11:

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:38 PM
I will be stuffing my left side then! Lol

Quoting Ktina11:

Mine never held as much as the other even through 4 babies. I started nearly every feeding on that side and it did gain some but never truely was equal.

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Quoting tansyflower:

this. 

Quoting Ktina11:

kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Mine never did but did even up a little. Still a full cup size difference

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Quoting tansyflower:

this. 

Quoting Ktina11:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)