Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

10 year old DD

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:38 PM
  • 15 Replies
Do you have to tell yours to do chores? Do they take initiative and do them on their own?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I have a 9 yr old who I must tell repeatedly to do things...and I get an attitude to go along with it lol Not liking this age

othermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:47 PM

My oldest is almost 10 and yes I have to tell him to do chores, same with my 7 year old daughter.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Mine are 7 & 8. I do have to tell them it is time to do their chores.

doodlebug105
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope. I have to tell mine what to do, how to do it. Detailed list or she will "act" like she didn't know what to do.

veganistic
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:59 PM

My 8yo needs a detailed list too. If she lost privileges and is trying to earn them back she sometimes remembers chores and looks for things to do to earn "points".

I suggest making the kiddo a detailed list... nothing more annoying than having to follow a perfectly capable child around nit picking because they suddenly don't know how to do anything!

chick BabyFruit Ticker

julieb673
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I have to tell my 10 yr old repeatedly to do her chores.  Except of course when she wants something special..then she is all over it!

But, it is nice to hear other moms who have their 10 yr old and even younger who actually have chores!  Mine is very responsible and able to do much more than most of her friends her age.

NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:12 PM
All my kids need to be told. Same thing daily. Make bed, dirty clothes in hamper. Same chores for years and its a surprise every day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LADYxGHOST
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Repeat, Repeat, Repeat, Repeat, Repeat.  We have a rule, after the first repeat I start taking away stuff/privileges, but i have to remind them daily at that age. 11 and 13 I have to remind them daily over half the week but a few days they get them done without my reminder.  They have achore list, yet after school they seem to forget how to read, or think, or talk, lol

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM

DD is almost 7 and yes we need to remind her what the household tasks are that needs to be done.  We have a chart that is hanging up and we can change the tasks as needed.

Jack_Squat
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:54 PM

My daughter does her's on her own. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)