Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I agree with the statement suicide is selfish

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:39 AM
  • 135 Replies
4 moms liked this
Suicide is selfish act period The only thing I would understand is someone terminal and in constant pain
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StarryRain
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:41 AM
5 moms liked this
Yes it is, in many cases. However, so is ignoring problems, warning signs, cries for help, etc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Arwyn724
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:43 AM
4 moms liked this

Yes, but someone in emotional pain, or altered states can't think clearly enough to realize that.  My bi-polar daughter was suicidal and we went through three unsuccessful attempts before medical and psychological intervention took hold. It was a scary time because you cannot watch someone every second of every day.

Arwyn 724 

slashteddy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:46 AM
6 moms liked this
Cool. You're disgusting.
momaof8
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Quoting StarryRain:

Yes it is, in many cases. However, so is ignoring problems, warning signs, cries for help, etc.

Not always you cant stop people if they have decided thats what they want
Fallaya
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:47 AM
2 moms liked this
That's nice. Thanks for sharing.
momaof8
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Quoting Arwyn724:

Yes, but someone in emotional pain, or altered states can't think clearly enough to realize that.  My bi-polar daughter was suicidal and we went through three unsuccessful attempts before medical and psychological intervention took hold. It was a scary time because you cannot watch someone every second of every day.

I agree you cannot watch someone all the time I also agree they may not see it as selfish but it is
momaof8
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Quoting slashteddy:

Cool. You're disgusting.

Why
StarryRain
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:50 AM
8 moms liked this
Okay, now I see. Instead of seeing the suicidal person as the victim they generally are, you're the type that sees them as the perpetrator, and those left behind as the victims. Suicide in MOST instances, is not the ultimate goal of the person. The end of the pain is. Whether that pain is physical or otherwise, it still is enough to make living unbearable. If more suicidal people were given options, treated, helped, just paid attention to, less suicides would actually happen.

Quoting momaof8:

Quoting StarryRain:

Not always you cant stop people if they have decided thats what they want
momaof8
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Quoting StarryRain:

You can offer all kinds of options but ultimatly it is their decision it is not always the poor thing was ignored
mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I agree-but most of these people are very sick.  They are unable to think clearly.  The people I know who have taken their lives were awesome, giving, thoughtful people.  Just very sick. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)