Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Son not invited to his daycare party!!

Posted by   + Show Post

OMG so I was scrolling through facebook all of a sudden I see some pictures tagged. I am friends with some of the other parents at daycare and friends with my sons daycare on facebook. It is an inhome daycare. The tagged pictures say Daycare Social 2013! We never got an invite to the daycare party. There is 11 kids that go to her daycare. I highly doubt she just forgot us. I think she purposely didnt invite us for some reason. She usually would invite us through facebook and invite me AND my husband. Neither of us got any invites. and then she would usually ask me when i would pick him up or through text or facebook if we are planning attending so she could get a count. She never mentioned it. She also never posted anything on facebook about it which is really bizarre. Makes me feel like she is trying to hide it. She usually has a social every year this time of year. After the party her and her boyfriend post a huge thank you and how much fun they had. This year I saw none of it unless she hid it from me and my husband. She usually has a book together which all the daycare kids fill out a few pages about them and pictures and at this party she kind of shows it off to all the families. We did the pages but didnt get to see the whole thing put together. Just really annoyed, hurt, and mad. My son is only 2 but how can you invite all the other kids and leave one out. Really just need to vent and hear what you other moms think.

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Replies (11-20):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Is your child a hellion?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LUVMIBEBE07
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:15 AM
2 moms liked this

that sucks and I am sorry you had to go thru it!! Are you extreamly happy with the care your child receives from her?? I think I might have to ask her about the exclusion of your child, demand and apology, and then change daycares. If she is this sneaky and unfair about pizza and ice cream, how is she to your child when no one is around?? That was just wrong, as a woman, teacher and business owner!! good luck   ~g

Caitlinmari
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Is your child a hellion?

LOL no my child is a very well behaved boy. He has a little shyness to him.

Caitlinmari
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Quoting LUVMIBEBE07:

that sucks and I am sorry you had to go thru it!! Are you extreamly happy with the care your child receives from her?? I think I might have to ask her about the exclusion of your child, demand and apology, and then change daycares. If she is this sneaky and unfair about pizza and ice cream, how is she to your child when no one is around?? That was just wrong, as a woman, teacher and business owner!! good luck   ~g

I was happy now i am questioning it. My husband defriended them on facebook so I am sure they are going to know now that we arent happy with them. He only went once a week for half day because i cut back my hours he used to go 2 days a week but still if you have a daycare you need to make sure you invite all the kids and families not exclude one. And now I do question if they leave him out when hes there. I am thinking about not taking him there at all anymore I can pick my own schedule. I bring him wednesdays and only work a couple so the ones I didnt work I still sent him there so he could socialize and etc.

SissyAnn141
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Could it be she thought everyone was invited but there was an oversight?   I would ask her about it though. Since he is 2, this hurts you more than him.  I would not even mention it to the little one.

Could be but how can you accidentally miss 2 people to invite on facebook cause she used to always invite me and my husband both. She is very organized and on top of it. She never even mentioned it at pick up or through text like she would in the past. I dont know but my son doesnt even know or care but I am very hurt because we have been there for 4 years now cause i have an older son. It is like if a teacher had a valentines day party but didnt invite one child in that class. Its just wrong.

I would comfort her, face to Face.

You pay for her services.

She at the very least owes you a explanation.

erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Really your hubby defriends and your wasting time he GUESSING but you cant put your big girl panties on and ask... jesus christ

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting LUVMIBEBE07:

I was happy now i am questioning it. My husband defriended them on facebook so I am sure they are going to know now that we arent happy with them. He only went once a week for half day because i cut back my hours he used to go 2 days a week but still if you have a daycare you need to make sure you invite all the kids and families not exclude one. And now I do question if they leave him out when hes there. I am thinking about not taking him there at all anymore I can pick my own schedule. I bring him wednesdays and only work a couple so the ones I didnt work I still sent him there so he could socialize and etc.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mbpeaceful12
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting sarah824:

Before jumping to any conclusions I would call her and ask her about it.

I am thinking about asking her I really hate confrontations so I might just say nothing at all. It is just so weird cause she is so on top of it with everything very organized etc. And I have been to her daycare for almost 4 years now cause I have an older son and every year she does the facebook invite inviting me and my husband. So she could have accidentally forgotten to invite us both. And then always asks us again if we are coming to get a count but never mentioned anything.

Yes, you could just say nothing at all, but if it really hurts you, your emotion may come out in other ways; it is easy to let hurt feelings fester. Perhaps you and your husband can talk to her about the situation; he can be the calm and rational one if you think you might blow up.

LUVMIBEBE07
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting LUVMIBEBE07:

I was happy now i am questioning it. My husband defriended them on facebook so I am sure they are going to know now that we arent happy with them. He only went once a week for half day because i cut back my hours he used to go 2 days a week but still if you have a daycare you need to make sure you invite all the kids and families not exclude one. And now I do question if they leave him out when hes there. I am thinking about not taking him there at all anymore I can pick my own schedule. I bring him wednesdays and only work a couple so the ones I didnt work I still sent him there so he could socialize and etc

Oh Hun!! I am sorry I didnt mean for you to rethink your position, but I hate unfairness, esp towards kids from a teacher, its just wrong, find yourself a new place. I actually had my son in a christian based mom's morning out program, they didnt care for me due to my religion [Im Muslim] but they were an awesome group of women that treated my son wonderfully and we were invited to every event at the church, school and even at thier homes.   Be blessed!! ~g

Caitlinmari
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Really your hubby defriends and your wasting time he GUESSING but you cant put your big girl panties on and ask... jesus christ

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting LUVMIBEBE07:

I never said I wont ask it is almost midnight here there really is nothing I can do about it RIGHT now.

C8linVilla
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Simply write her a FB message or text saying *is there some reason we were not invited to the party? Is there something we need to discuss*

I mean You send your child to be in the care with her during the day and she hides statuses from you. thats a bit shadey! She by no means has to invite you but she needs to be a big girl and simply come out and say her issues with you. I would be asking her if there was an issue and ask if you should be looking for another daycare. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)