Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Son not invited to his daycare party!!

Posted by   + Show Post

OMG so I was scrolling through facebook all of a sudden I see some pictures tagged. I am friends with some of the other parents at daycare and friends with my sons daycare on facebook. It is an inhome daycare. The tagged pictures say Daycare Social 2013! We never got an invite to the daycare party. There is 11 kids that go to her daycare. I highly doubt she just forgot us. I think she purposely didnt invite us for some reason. She usually would invite us through facebook and invite me AND my husband. Neither of us got any invites. and then she would usually ask me when i would pick him up or through text or facebook if we are planning attending so she could get a count. She never mentioned it. She also never posted anything on facebook about it which is really bizarre. Makes me feel like she is trying to hide it. She usually has a social every year this time of year. After the party her and her boyfriend post a huge thank you and how much fun they had. This year I saw none of it unless she hid it from me and my husband. She usually has a book together which all the daycare kids fill out a few pages about them and pictures and at this party she kind of shows it off to all the families. We did the pages but didnt get to see the whole thing put together. Just really annoyed, hurt, and mad. My son is only 2 but how can you invite all the other kids and leave one out. Really just need to vent and hear what you other moms think.

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Replies (111-115):
happycells
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:48 AM
Maybe you could just mention if the social came and went as you are seeing her pics on fb.
liliem
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:21 PM

So it seems to me you switched to one day and she excluded you. Business is business and you haven't shown that you guys are anything more than that. It wouldn't hurt to ask if its bothering you so much but i don't know why it would since your son only spends a few hours aweek ther, the party would probably double your time ther. It sounds like excluding would make sense than instead of putting it out to you and having to explain your excluded and why.

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting liliem:

If your son is only there a couple hours a week, maybe she doesn't consider that as a member. I'm not arguing whether you are or not, just trying to figure out what could possibly be going on in her head. Maybe she's rationalizing it that way? Or could you have possibly rubbed her the wrong way at anytime or maybe did something to make her fell like you took advantage of her? Seems like an awefully lot of trouble not inviting you or wanting to spend money on the extra people. I hope you find what your looking for and are able to put this to rest and get past it. Hope it all works out, and it usually does for the best!

Well like I have said before we have been there for 4 years. We used to do 2 days a week now its just one. I dont see any reason why she wouldnt include him cause she included him in the book for this year that she makes every year about the daycare kids. I had to decorate the pages and put pictures on it for him. And this party is like the presentation of the book. We have come to every other party and now she stops she always prides herself on how shes the only 5 star rated daycare in our town thats in home and nationally accredited etc but this wasnt very professional and why would she go out of her way to hide it from us and go out of her way to select me and my husband to not view her status. And no I never say anything to her to rub her the wrong way I am always very nice and never even really talk to her much when I pick up my son i just say how was his day and we leave. so i dont know I am just very upset. I used to really enjoy this daycare but I am questioning it and a year ago a boy got abused at his home and since he was in her care within the 12 hours of him going to the ER and she didnt report anything they closed her daycare for investigation and she was really quick to ask me to write her a letter to the state saying how great she was. She even watched my boys on our wedding night. Its just very strange how this is such a secret. and every single family was invited except ours. a shame.

liliem
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I'm in no way taking her side, I would take my kid out, she seems shady. But I can see her rational, even though she's not the best business owner. I don't know why you kept your kid in there after the incident that they were investigating her. That was a big red flag.

Quoting liliem:

So it seems to me you switched to one day and she excluded you. Business is business and you haven't shown that you guys are anything more than that. It wouldn't hurt to ask if its bothering you so much but i don't know why it would since your son only spends a few hours aweek ther, the party would probably double your time ther. It sounds like excluding would make sense than instead of putting it out to you and having to explain your excluded and why.

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting liliem:

If your son is only there a couple hours a week, maybe she doesn't consider that as a member. I'm not arguing whether you are or not, just trying to figure out what could possibly be going on in her head. Maybe she's rationalizing it that way? Or could you have possibly rubbed her the wrong way at anytime or maybe did something to make her fell like you took advantage of her? Seems like an awefully lot of trouble not inviting you or wanting to spend money on the extra people. I hope you find what your looking for and are able to put this to rest and get past it. Hope it all works out, and it usually does for the best!

Well like I have said before we have been there for 4 years. We used to do 2 days a week now its just one. I dont see any reason why she wouldnt include him cause she included him in the book for this year that she makes every year about the daycare kids. I had to decorate the pages and put pictures on it for him. And this party is like the presentation of the book. We have come to every other party and now she stops she always prides herself on how shes the only 5 star rated daycare in our town thats in home and nationally accredited etc but this wasnt very professional and why would she go out of her way to hide it from us and go out of her way to select me and my husband to not view her status. And no I never say anything to her to rub her the wrong way I am always very nice and never even really talk to her much when I pick up my son i just say how was his day and we leave. so i dont know I am just very upset. I used to really enjoy this daycare but I am questioning it and a year ago a boy got abused at his home and since he was in her care within the 12 hours of him going to the ER and she didnt report anything they closed her daycare for investigation and she was really quick to ask me to write her a letter to the state saying how great she was. She even watched my boys on our wedding night. Its just very strange how this is such a secret. and every single family was invited except ours. a shame.

jazzieshari
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Yeah that is truly wrong. I hope she gets it together running a daycare you can't be selfish like that. I'm sorry that happened to you

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Thanks I did ask and pulled him out. She lied and said we removed ourselves from the event so she assumed we werent going. Me and my husband never did that and if that was the case why would she go out of her way to hide posts reminding the daycare families about the party from us? Thank goodness my son is young and doesnt understand. I am so glad he is too young to understand. No daycare should exclude only one child.

Quoting jazzieshari:

The best thing to do in this situation is to ask. It doesn't seem like a mistake to me but at least ask n see what she has to say. Because it is unfair but at least your child is young and does not understand what happened yet

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommaKael
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Did your son say anything about the party? As in has some kid at daycare mentioned it to him or asked him why he didnt attend?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN