Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Son not invited to his daycare party!!

Posted by   + Show Post

OMG so I was scrolling through facebook all of a sudden I see some pictures tagged. I am friends with some of the other parents at daycare and friends with my sons daycare on facebook. It is an inhome daycare. The tagged pictures say Daycare Social 2013! We never got an invite to the daycare party. There is 11 kids that go to her daycare. I highly doubt she just forgot us. I think she purposely didnt invite us for some reason. She usually would invite us through facebook and invite me AND my husband. Neither of us got any invites. and then she would usually ask me when i would pick him up or through text or facebook if we are planning attending so she could get a count. She never mentioned it. She also never posted anything on facebook about it which is really bizarre. Makes me feel like she is trying to hide it. She usually has a social every year this time of year. After the party her and her boyfriend post a huge thank you and how much fun they had. This year I saw none of it unless she hid it from me and my husband. She usually has a book together which all the daycare kids fill out a few pages about them and pictures and at this party she kind of shows it off to all the families. We did the pages but didnt get to see the whole thing put together. Just really annoyed, hurt, and mad. My son is only 2 but how can you invite all the other kids and leave one out. Really just need to vent and hear what you other moms think.

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Replies (31-40):
Caitlinmari
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Quoting kansasmom1978:

How can he have been there 4 years? You said he was 2

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting liliem:

If your son is only there a couple hours a week, maybe she doesn't consider that as a member. I'm not arguing whether you are or not, just trying to figure out what could possibly be going on in her head. Maybe she's rationalizing it that way? Or could you have possibly rubbed her the wrong way at anytime or maybe did something to make her fell like you took advantage of her? Seems like an awefully lot of trouble not inviting you or wanting to spend money on the extra people. I hope you find what your looking for and are able to put this to rest and get past it. Hope it all works out, and it usually does for the best!

Well like I have said before we have been there for 4 years. We used to do 2 days a week now its just one. I dont see any reason why she wouldnt include him cause she included him in the book for this year that she makes every year about the daycare kids. I had to decorate the pages and put pictures on it for him. And this party is like the presentation of the book. We have come to every other party and now she stops she always prides herself on how shes the only 5 star rated daycare in our town thats in home and nationally accredited etc but this wasnt very professional and why would she go out of her way to hide it from us and go out of her way to select me and my husband to not view her status. And no I never say anything to her to rub her the wrong way I am always very nice and never even really talk to her much when I pick up my son i just say how was his day and we leave. so i dont know I am just very upset. I used to really enjoy this daycare but I am questioning it and a year ago a boy got abused at his home and since he was in her care within the 12 hours of him going to the ER and she didnt report anything they closed her daycare for investigation and she was really quick to ask me to write her a letter to the state saying how great she was. She even watched my boys on our wedding night. Its just very strange how this is such a secret. and every single family was invited except ours. a shame.

My oldest is almost 5.

sarah824
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:41 AM

It doens't need to be confrontational, but you will never know unless you ask. Maybe she left you out for a reason. Wouldn't you want to know what that reason is?

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting sarah824:

Before jumping to any conclusions I would call her and ask her about it.

I am thinking about asking her I really hate confrontations so I might just say nothing at all. It is just so weird cause she is so on top of it with everything very organized etc. And I have been to her daycare for almost 4 years now cause I have an older son and every year she does the facebook invite inviting me and my husband. So she could have accidentally forgotten to invite us both. And then always asks us again if we are coming to get a count but never mentioned anything.

spooky415
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:43 AM
but you were tagged. if it was a secet why would she tag you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlinmari
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Quoting kansasmom1978:

I would not jump to conclusions. It might have been an oversight, a mistake

Well its hard to not jump to conclusions when my friend said that the daycare lady had a post the day before she even went back to check on it and it was still showing. It said something like Daycare Families: Remember tomorrow is the social! Dont eat dinner there will be pizza and ice cream!!.. When I went to look its not there. So its hard to believe she accidentally didnt invite us and accidentally went out of her way to block us from seeing that specific post. Cause she does know how to hide people from seeing her status as she has posted things about her boyfriend asking what to get him as gifts and etc and would post I hid this post from him so he cant see it.

Caitlinmari
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Quoting spooky415:

I wasnt tagged. I am friends with other parents from the daycare and they were tagged. So it just shows up on my newsfeed.

Caitlinmari
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sarah824:

It doens't need to be confrontational, but you will never know unless you ask. Maybe she left you out for a reason. Wouldn't you want to know what that reason is?

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting sarah824:

I am thinking about asking her I really hate confrontations so I might just say nothing at all. It is just so weird cause she is so on top of it with everything very organized etc. And I have been to her daycare for almost 4 years now cause I have an older son and every year she does the facebook invite inviting me and my husband. So she could have accidentally forgotten to invite us both. And then always asks us again if we are coming to get a count but never mentioned anything.

I am writing you this because I saw that you had a daycare social 2013 party and for whatever reason you did not invite us or even mention anything to us about this. I found out through seeing on my facebook the tagged pictures of it. I am not sure why you would not invite Carter and our family to this party but yet you invited every other family and went out of your way to block us from your postings about it. This was very hurtful to our family. I don’t why you excluded us but we have been with you for almost 4 years and was welcome to every other daycare gathering. We find this unprofessional and are very disappointed. Carter will no longer be coming to your daycare. If you go out of your way to exclude us, we do not feel very welcomed.

this is my letter i have put together for her.

spooky415
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:53 AM
ohh okay. gotcha.

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting spooky415:

I wasnt tagged. I am friends with other parents from the daycare and they were tagged. So it just shows up on my newsfeed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarah824
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I think you are jumping to conclusions and being immature by writing a letter instead of just asking her face to face. By automatically yanking your kid out of her care she no longer owes you an explanation and you will go on feeling left out. Why not give her the opportunity to explain herself? Is you son the youngest at the daycare? Is he the only child that only goes 1 day a week? Are you 100% positive that he was the ONLY child not invited? Maybe she had to cut expenses for the party this year so whe went by age or attendance or some other valid reason. I do not think you are handling properly without speaking to her face to face. JMHO

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting sarah824:

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting sarah824:

I am writing you this because I saw that you had a daycare social 2013 party and for whatever reason you did not invite us or even mention anything to us about this. I found out through seeing on my facebook the tagged pictures of it. I am not sure why you would not invite Carter and our family to this party but yet you invited every other family and went out of your way to block us from your postings about it. This was very hurtful to our family. I don’t why you excluded us but we have been with you for almost 4 years and was welcome to every other daycare gathering. We find this unprofessional and are very disappointed. Carter will no longer be coming to your daycare. If you go out of your way to exclude us, we do not feel very welcomed.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:56 AM
I would find a new daycare. And I'm sure there are lots of good ones but this why I never considered in-home daycare. While I did make friends with daycare providers, I preferred to keep that relationship professional, not personal (though professionally she blew it too).

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting Mama2JoshKatie:

Do you owe her money? lol I'm totally kidding. I wonder what's really going on, that is odd. I would just ask her what's going on.

oh heres even better news my friend whos son used to go there is friends with her on facebook I said did she ever post anything on her facebook about it. and she said yesterday she posted a reminder which she copied and sent me it says Daycare families: Dont forget tomorrow is ice cream/pizza party at 6pm! No need to make dinner!.. I am friends with her on facebook and cant see it cause she HID THE STATUS FROM ME. I am beyond irritated.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlinmari
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:07 AM

She could be cutting expenses but if your a daycare owner you dont have a DAYCARE party and not invite one kid. And yes most of the kids were in the picture except another friend of mine whos daughters go there they were invited but couldnt make it. She should have said something like for full time kids we will be having a daycare party but she was sneaky and hid it. and no he is not the youngest. Also if I had to ask her it would be when i pick him up from daycare cause thats the only time I see her since my husband drops off. and I dont know if I want to bring him there. My other friend whos son went there the daycare lady sent her a facebook message saying here is your tax information dont lose it cause I wont send it again. Pretty much telling my friend she wouldnt take her son anymore and my friend wasnt expecting it so I dont mind that it would be on facebook. but i put it like this if your child was in a class room. they had a classroom party with all the kids and the teacher didnt invite him then went out of her way to hide posts or information about it from your family. Its different if it was some birthday party for her kid or something but since it was a DAYCARE social its just weird.

Quoting sarah824:

I think you are jumping to conclusions and being immature by writing a letter instead of just asking her face to face. By automatically yanking your kid out of her care she no longer owes you an explanation and you will go on feeling left out. Why not give her the opportunity to explain herself? Is you son the youngest at the daycare? Is he the only child that only goes 1 day a week? Are you 100% positive that he was the ONLY child not invited? Maybe she had to cut expenses for the party this year so whe went by age or attendance or some other valid reason. I do not think you are handling properly without speaking to her face to face. JMHO

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting sarah824:

Quoting Caitlinmari:

Quoting sarah824:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)