Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Toddlers flying for first time

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:12 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
Wouldn't it be nice to prepare your baby or toddler on their first flying trip??????
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:17 AM

What is there to prepare for other than making sure you have enough packed in your carry on to sustain you for at least a day?

chels210
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this
My dr told me to give my 1 year old at the time benadryl for the ride. I didn't coming in but I did on the way home. He gets bad ear infections and I was worried about his ears. Slept right thru. We also brought the iPad
specialwingz
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:26 AM

My twins were total jetsetters by they were 18 months old.

Marimaru
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Both my babies were flying at 6 months.  Nursed through take off and landing while they were nursing, and just otherwise kept them occupied.   

mymanben
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:08 AM
My son flew 6 times from 6 months to 10 months. ( a family member had adavanced stage cancer and wanted to see my son as much as possible) so we flew back and fourth. Once she hit hospice we more often. He hated binkis and refused bottles or anything on the plane but he did well. He would just sit and look out the window
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this

by the time my older kids were 6 and 4 they had made 14 transatlantic flights...

we never had any trouble... well except trying to lug 2 car seats through the air port...movies a few toys and the promise of either grandma or daddy at the end did wonders

Venus1908
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:47 AM
My baby did well flying for the first time too. However she's two now so I wanted to make sure she had interaction on the plane. :) www.cubventures.com.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN