Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My 32 yr.old is driving me MAD!

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:48 AM
  • 10 Replies

Is there anybody out there who has an adult child with a child who takes no responsibility to help herself, still lives at home and is disrespectful. She has $0 income and won't even do her or her son's laundry or load a dishwasher. If it were just her, I'd be more likely to confront her, but she uses!

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Uses as in drugs?  Who else is there besides her and the child that you can not approach her about being a real adult, not a teenager stuck in an adult body.

LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:02 AM
Uhhh kick her ass out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marimaru
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Without knowing the whole situation it might be drastic, but go for custody of your grandchild, and kick her ass out.

Schauseil
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:06 AM
no and I never will cause if my child decided to act that way he/shr would find their butt out in the street. My uncle us like this but with no kids. Trust me, you are just enabling her. Tell her she has three months to find a job and a placr to live cause you are kicking her out. If she is in the street with the kid, one call to cps will probably land you custody of the child. If your daughter is using drugs, her child does not need to be around that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jenzachsam
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:15 AM

At 32, you need to kick her ass out!  

mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:22 AM
Bump
NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:51 AM
I'd let social services know she is homeless. (Living with a relative is homeless). Give her an eviction notice and on that day change the locks. If you feel your grandchild is in danger seek temporary custody.
chaslee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:40 AM

She uses you or she uses drugs?  How old is your grandson? 

My daughter can be lazy when she is visiting, it's like "oh, yeah... break time, mom will take care of it all" but she lives with her husband and works two jobs, so when she is visiting it really IS a break for her and I don't mind, most of the time.  In your situation I would give your daughter the boot.  Tell her she needs to shape up and take care of her kid, get a job, etc.  If she is using drugs I would call CPS and try to get custody of the child.

boredmom47265
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:16 AM

I grew up watching my mom coddle my sisters. She'd pay their bills so they wouldn't get disconnected/evicted or late CC payments, loans, ins..you name it & her wallet was open..me - she couldn't loan me $5 for toilet paper. I don't want that, I wished they were treated like me so they wouldn't be so irresponsible. I like the fact EVERYTHING I have is because of me and my DH, and not a handout from mom.

Tell ya what...take a few day "vacation" and tell her it's all hers..lol Just hang with a friend, bunk over, and let your daughter clean her own mess, buy her own gas, and figure her stuff out...tomorrow is never a promise.

Beenhereforever
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:18 AM
My ex bf of 8 years moved back in with his mom.. 5 years ago. And hasn't left. He is luck that. She enables him..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)