Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Wedding Budget is $3000. Any tips?

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:32 AM
  • 125 Replies

My wedding is set for June.

So far I have reserved the venue. It was only $45.

I also bought my dress. It was $120.

I am looking for people to tell me what they would leave out if they had a do-over. What should I not waste money on? What should I not leave out?

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mattiehatter
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Invitations- 123print.com

Go with fake flowers if you are using flowers at all. Find a good photographer within your price range.

ETA: I got married almost 3 years ago in June for about $1000. It's going to be tight, but it's totally manageable.

LilliesValley
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Have a photographer at the very least. Our wedding and honeymoon was under $5000, so your wedding is doable. We didn't have a photographer and missed a lot of typical pics like our mothers together etc. I only had one personal stand up with me and same with dh. My brother is a dj so we saved money there. We also went to a restaurant for our dinner that had a seperate dining area for big parties. The food was way better than any wedding we had ever been to. Our thirty guests could pick from prime rib or chicken marsala, two dishes the restaurant was known for. You got a cheap dress so you're off to a good start. Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cjsix
by faith on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:40 AM

You can use the fabric rose petals and cut glass dishes with tealight candles in them,down the center of your tables. Buy the cut glass dishes at thrift shops etc...and don't worry if they are mismatched, it will save money and look very pretty. You could also add fake cyrstal beads to look like diamonds.

You may be able to have someone in your family,a culinary student etc...make your cake for you.

Buy your bouquet of in season flowers or better yet pick some from a family members yard(with permission of course) or pick out some at your local grocer and make your bouquet yourself,adding a special memento from say a grandmother,mother or soon to be mother in love.

NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:48 AM
If i was poor i wouldn't get married. I'd wait to start a family until i could afford one.
TableforSeven
by Judy on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:49 AM
5 moms liked this
Elope - you'll save A LOT of money that way
mattiehatter
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:51 AM
16 moms liked this

Aren't you a little ray of sunshine. Not everybody wants a massive wedding and perhaps they have plenty of money, but don't want to blow it all on one day. That is all a wedding is: ONE DAY.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

If i was poor i wouldn't get married. I'd wait to start a family until i could afford one.

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:53 AM

looks like you're saving the money already, the dress and venue(reception & ceremony) are usually your big ticket items along with the food

you can do a Sunday afternoon reception, that's cheaper too

NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Then she wouldn't be worried about the budget because she wouldn't care. She wants a nice wedding but even with several months notice she can't scratch together even what most modest weddings spend on flowers alone.

Quoting mattiehatter:

Aren't you a little ray of sunshine. Not everybody wants a massive wedding and perhaps they have plenty of money, but don't want to blow it all on one day. That is all a wedding is: ONE DAY.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:55 AM
4 moms liked this

and it doesn't mean she's poor, perhaps she doesn't see a reason to fork out ungodly, obscene amounts of cash for one day...after all, it's the marriage that's important, not the wedding

Quoting mattiehatter:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

WeddingBelles
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:00 AM
2 moms liked this

My mother is paying for the wedding. My fiance and I already have a house and all that stuff. Im not going to spend tons of money on a wedding whether I have lots of money or not. I can have a very pretty wedding for $3000. Just trying to get tips on whats a waste of money and what should to be sure to include.  

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)