Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

WW Points in 100% Fresh squeezed OJ ?

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:37 AM
  • 8 Replies

I have been trying to find how many points plus are in 100% FRESH squeezed OJ.  But everything I find is from the concentrate stuff.  This comes 100% directly from a orange with nothing added.  I assume it is 0 points but I wanted to verify...

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sarah824
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:58 AM

A whole orange is 0 points so I would have to assume that the juice counts as 0 as well as long as you don't add anything to it.

DakotaHaley
by Crystal on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I think it's 8, but not positive....

mommyof3-2008
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:07 AM

is that with points plus?

Quoting DakotaHaley:

mommyof3-2008
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:59 AM

BUMP!

sarah824
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I checked on WW online, which I use every day, and it says a whole orange, or 10 whole oranges counts as 0 points. That is using Points Plus. If you can eat 10 oranges with no points then I have to believe that just the juice is no points too. Are you squeezing the oranges yourself?

Quoting DakotaHaley:

DakotaHaley
by Crystal on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:07 AM

It's 8 points because if you extract the juice from the pulp of the fruit your sugar intake is not going to be broken down by the fiber in the pulp so it completely re-constructs how the fruit works. But I could be wrong.

Quoting mommyof3-2008:

Quoting DakotaHaley:

mommyof3-2008
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:43 AM

My HEB has a really nice fruit station and you can watch them freshly squeeze the oranges to make some juice that they put into the container right infront of you.  There is nothing added just the juice directly from the orange.  I can not drink regular oj juice anymore after this...it is sooooo good.  BUT I only do it once a week.

Quoting sarah824:

I checked on WW online, which I use every day, and it says a whole orange, or 10 whole oranges counts as 0 points. That is using Points Plus. If you can eat 10 oranges with no points then I have to believe that just the juice is no points too. Are you squeezing the oranges yourself?

Quoting DakotaHaley:

thatgirl70
by Carin on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:45 AM
You could try the recipe builder if you have eTools (it's not available on the mobile app), see if that gives you anything. I would check myself, but I'm not home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)