Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

why won't men go to the drs??? HE WENT TO THE DRS- update

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:30 PM
  • 42 Replies

So, my Dh who is 34 years old had been complaining of bad abdominal pain that radiate s to his groin. He called his pcp but they didn't have Any appointments today, but now I am more concerned because now his testicles are swollen. I am trying to get him to call the Drs back with the new issue. ( our Dr has 24 hour nurse line) , but he wont call.

@@@@@ UPDATE, he has.a.doctors appointment in 2 hours. I will be sure to update when it is done. @@@@@@

**** update 2- So, he went to the Drs and it turns out he has an infection in his prostate (prostatitus) I am probably spelling it wrong. So they gave him 2 weeks of antibitotic and said if that doesn't fix it to come back. Thanks for all the support, glad I got him there*****

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I had an issue with dh a few months ago where he was complaining of a headache. Soon it became a shooting pain, and went from a pain every few hours, to every few minutes. I was freaking out, I finally told him he needs to go to urgent care, but when I told his aunts (who are nurses) that it was getting worse by the hour, they  decided to take him to the ER. I told his family because I was hoping if it came from someone other than me, he would go. He's so stubborn

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:32 PM

See if you can call and talk to them in regards to him.  Threaten an ER visit where he could end up having strangers feel up his private area?

KelliansMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:33 PM
My husband had a lump in his festival three years ago. Took me two days to convince him to got to the doctor. Ever since then he will go if something is wrong.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cassidysmom611
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:34 PM
I hope your DH is ok.

Quoting boshs1andonly:

I had an issue with dh a few months ago where he was complaining of a headache. Soon it became a shooting pain, and went from a pain every few hours, to every few minutes. I was freaking out, I finally told him he needs to go to urgent care, but when I told his aunts (who are nurses) that it was getting worse by the hour, they  decided to take him to the ER. I told his family because I was hoping if it came from someone other than me, he would go. He's so stubborn

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
StillTheWine-O
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Sounds like he really should get in somewhere. 

My DH on the other hand visits the doctor for every little thing!! Drives me mad!!

Ninjabubble
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this
DH goes to the doctor if he coughs. Yesterday he sneezed and called the nurse line to see if he should go to the ER.

I smacked him for that. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momtogirls0823
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:24 PM

My dh, luckily, will go to the dr. if he needs to.  I am glad about that.  If he didn't he'd drive me up the wall!  Hope your dh is ok, OP!

Cassidysmom611
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:29 PM

ugh, I agree. I threatened to call his Mommy lol. 

Quoting StillTheWine-O:

My DH on the other hand visits the doctor for every little thing!! Drives me mad!!

Cassidysmom611
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Thank you :) 

Quoting Momtogirls0823:

My dh, luckily, will go to the dr. if he needs to.  I am glad about that.  If he didn't he'd drive me up the wall!  Hope your dh is ok, OP!

StillTheWine-O
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I'd do it lol

Quoting Cassidysmom611:

ugh, I agree. I threatened to call his Mommy lol. 

Quoting StillTheWine-O:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)