Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is my foot broken?

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:03 PM
  • 13 Replies
Since my medical staff (kaiser) is telling me they have no appointments anywhere ever (long story), I'm going to describe my injury and let CM judge yay or nay. I don't want to go into the ER for a sprain but it hurts like a bitch.

I stepped on a spikey ball out in front of my apt and my foot turned inward. It didn't hurt like a normal turn. I cried for a minute. It was numb for half an hour. I heard snap crackle pop when it happened. My foot hurts to bear weight on. I can get more tolerance the more I walk on it even though it hurts it hurts less and less. I stop and sit and it hurts a ton when I get back up.

I'll get an answer from CM long before my lazy ass dr office gets me in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughingTattoo
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Ehhh...its hard to tell but Id go in. You dont want to cause any more damage

Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Ice it and head in for an x ray ASAP. You don't want to let it go if it IS broken.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SweetlilM
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Since you heard snap, crackle, pop … I would go in!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:29 PM

that snap crackle pop. happened to me. i lived. never had it seen. i figured it was the ligament tearing. but heck im not a medical pro. nope . just a regular old mom. that being said. i would not ever suggest anyone do that to themselves. if it hurts have a medical guy make the call.can urgent care see it. i dont know. i guess google? webmd? shruggingsorry you are hurt. sending positive energy your waybutterfly

RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:30 PM

i guessing  you already first aid for a sprain when that happened.

RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:30 PM

more positive energy your way

FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Go to the ER if you can afford it, I did one of those twist and turns on a wedge heel and one of those stone paved walkways, I just shook it off and put up with the "sprained" scenario.. I think I seriously did harm because i can't wear a heel to this day (a few years later) without pain in that exact same spot.

Sunshine2plus2
by Sunshine on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:33 PM

I doubt it probably badly sprained. My son hurt his ankle skateboarding I would of bet money it was broke swollen huge, could not walk on it, had to use crutches, could barely notice his toes it was swollen so bad. Went to ER and nope not broke very badly sprained. As the days went by it got better and better.

RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:40 PM

wheres the poll. so i can vote no. hope you are okay. with no broken foot. hugs

Marimaru
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:42 PM

You might not have broken a bone, but you may have ligament damage that needs just as much care..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)