Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Economy vs. want

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:50 PM
  • 4 Replies

Poll

Question: economy or splurge?

Options:

I'd buy the one pricey item because i really liked it and i can already picture me wearing it this weekend.

I would rather have 4 tops that look nice than to have one i loved. Besides I'd be afraid to wear it at that price. What if my kids throws up on it?

I would save the money and wait until it went on sale. If it doesn't i wasn't meant to have it.

Other, I'll explain in a reply.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 6

View Results

I haven't bought any new jeans for myself in years, so many that i can't remember. I have bought a pair or two of shoes in the last year. I haven't purchased any clothes since last February, around my birthday. I went shopping today to grab a new pair of jeans for my birthday. I was open to new styles since it has been awhile since i bought my last pair. I ended up spending $135. I got 2 prs. of skinny jeans with lots of bling, 4 tops (okay so i got more than a pr. of jeans) and a purse size perfume. ( I was in line awhile and it was on a counter nearby, I tried it and liked it) (They know what they're doing when they put this stuff there) Now that I'm home and have tried it all on again I'm having buyers remorse. I picked the 4 tops because they were on sale but i saw one that i really liked. It was more than the 4 put together so i disregarded it for the deals. Have you ever just splurged and ignored common sense? Would you pick the sale items or the one pricey item?

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
WillVon
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Psh I haven't bought jeans since high school haha. Besides, my hub and I are the same size (sort of) so I just wear his stuff. The only things I buy are shirts (rarely) and its only at goodwill or other thrift stores, nowhere else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
madwifa
by Robin on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I have lost weight and recently got new jeans I got skinny jeans and my all time fave the new american eagle skinny kick.

my old jeans look like I lost my ass and they fall off,

iansusie
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:00 PM

since I don't buy clothes often, I rather 4 nice shirts than ONE pricey one.... not like I will wear it every day... at least if I have 4 new shirts I can wear a new one every few days...

mamaofficer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:01 PM

I haven't brought pants in 2 years, so I will be going shopping in a couple of months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)