Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Really sad...

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:41 PM
  • 16 Replies

My baby sister who is 18 is in a hotel tonight. She leaves in the morning for Navy boot camp. I didn't get to say good bye. I was told she wouldn't be leaving for the hotel until the morning. I helped raise her as she is 12 years younger than I am. I remember braiding and putting bows in her hair on her first day of preschool. I can't believe how fast the time flies. I am so proud of her. She decided to join because our parents couldn't afford college. So, she made the decision to join so she can get her college education. I'm still so sad and missing her already.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM
You can attendher graduation from boot camp. Its really special for them. You can write and she will be able to call you. You are a terrific big sister for her!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmericanChild82
by Chrissy on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:58 PM

I don't know if I'll be able to attend her graduation which makes me even more sad. I'll be to pregnant to fly. She better write me or I'll kick her navy butt.

Quoting calsmom62:

You can attendher graduation from boot camp. Its really special for them. You can write and she will be able to call you. You are a terrific big sister for her!!

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Ohhh. Congratulations on the baby!! Since she's in the Navy, you'd kick her in the stern lol.

Quoting AmericanChild82:

I don't know if I'll be able to attend her graduation which makes me even more sad. I'll be to pregnant to fly. She better write me or I'll kick her navy butt.

Quoting calsmom62:

AmericanChild82
by Chrissy on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol, thanks and I'll have to remember it's the stern.

Quoting calsmom62:

Ohhh. Congratulations on the baby!! Since she's in the Navy, you'd kick her in the stern lol.

Quoting AmericanChild82:

Quoting calsmom62:

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW HUGS Momma i feel your sorrow but i feel your proudness too !

3boysmommaNY
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Congrats to her on her new adventure, you on your baby, and your family for having such a strong woman! :-)

AmericanChild82
by Chrissy on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:04 AM

I'm crazy proud of the smart, funny and loving woman she has become. The Navy is lucky to have her.

Quoting mom_dl6:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW HUGS Momma i feel your sorrow but i feel your proudness too !

AmericanChild82
by Chrissy on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Thank you! There was no way I could have left to be apart of our amazing military. She's definitely a very strong and independent woman.

Quoting 3boysmommaNY:

Congrats to her on her new adventure, you on your baby, and your family for having such a strong woman! :-)

Ninjascreenname
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Hugs!!!!
DKk0531
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Aw! Im sure she will do great in the navy. My brothers also missed my bootcamp graduation and i missed their high school grad because i was in bootcamp but being away from them for so long made us extremely close after i got out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN