Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

anyone ever repurposed thier wedding dress?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:50 PM
  • 20 Replies
ive got.a beautiful wedding dress and all the accessories to match and i dont forsee ever wearing it again and im expecting a little girl in july and so im wondering if.i can repurpose some items for her. id love to get a christening gown made with accessories to match and maybe some other stuff...any ideas?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
needadvice1983
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Take it to a seamstress. They may have some ideas of what you can do with your dress. When I got married I had my moms dress, but it was old and I wanted a new one of my own. So I cut pieces of hers off and made it into a handkerchief that I carried with me all day. 

CrimsonRadiance
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:56 PM

My mother did. She ended up making dedication outfits out of her wedding dress for my little brother and sister after they were born. 

alphamom26
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:57 PM

My mom turned hers into a tablecloth for the table we placed our Christmas creche on every year. It was gorgeous :) Mine is missing in action after I loaned it out to a "friend", which is sad because I wanted to do the same thing.

supermom0609
bump
deadlights86

I've heard of them being made into quilts but I'm sure it costs an arm and a leg.

supermom0609
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
yea id also like to possibly make a tree skirt for christmas time...mine is beautiful

Quoting alphamom26:

My mom turned hers into a tablecloth for the table we placed our Christmas creche on every year. It was gorgeous :) Mine is missing in action after I loaned it out to a "friend", which is sad because I wanted to do the same thing.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:04 PM

My SIL made a christening gown out of the train from her wedding gown.  It's beautiful.  Both nieces wore it.

supermom0609
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:32 PM
thats what i want to do we dont have "christening" but.we do have dedications so it wld be awesome for her to wear it to her dedication and also maybe do a photo shoot with it on.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

My SIL made a christening gown out of the train from her wedding gown.  It's beautiful.  Both nieces wore it.

chalisa0
by Kim on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I haven't yet.  But, I'm fairly confident my 5'10" 150 lb daughter won't be wearing her 5'4" 115lb mother's wedding dress-lol.  I will probably either keep it for a potential grandchild or make it into something else at some point.

blueeyes2000
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I had the top made into a pillow and the skirt part made into a quilt

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN