Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Zzzquil

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:50 PM
  • 7 Replies
Thoughts? Love it, hate it, haven't tried it.
I love it! It helps me to fall asleep much easier. Otherwise I'm up for hours, which makes me a crabby pants in my book.
My hub was the one who got me to try it because I'm always saying how lucky he and our dd is that they can fall asleep so much faster and easier while I'm left awake :( so now I take Zzzquil (not everynight mind you).

Just thought I should share. Is anyone else a sleep fighter like me?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I have chronic insomnia and have for most of my life.  I refuse to use medications but i liked one of the unisoms (not benedryl based one) since it didnt make me cloudy when i woke up.   

WillVon
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:01 PM
I understand that. I like Zzzquil because it doesn't help me sleep the whole night like lots of other meds, it just helps me fall asleep which is perfect for me. I mean I can't have myself stay asleep when I have my 14 month old to check on at least once every night.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I have chronic insomnia and have for most of my life.  I refuse to use medications but i liked one of the unisoms (not benedryl based one) since it didnt make me cloudy when i woke up.   

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:56 PM

That is good to know for future reference if i do need help.

Quoting WillVon:

I understand that. I like Zzzquil because it doesn't help me sleep the whole night like lots of other meds, it just helps me fall asleep which is perfect for me. I mean I can't have myself stay asleep when I have my 14 month old to check on at least once every night.

Quoting frndlyfn:

pookie4907
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:30 AM
It's just diphenhydramine in liquid form. Which is what Unisom is (only pill form) and its the active ingredient in Benadryl.

Diphenhydramine works, no matter what form it's in or what name it's under.

I take 100mg of diphenhydramine every night or I don't sleep at all. And even with that I still only get about 4 hours. None of the prescription meds I've tried work for me, and what has worked I can't take in combination with the other meds I'm on.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:50 AM

If it's the same ingedient in Nyquil that helps you sleep. That stuff gave me nightmares.

KellyNips
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:58 AM

i take a prescription sleep pill every night -- couldn't sleep without it.  i did try the ZZZquil -- made me hallucinate!!  i only tried it because i was out of my sleeping pill and couldn't get the refill in time.  so my huband bought the ZZZquil for me to try.  glad to see it works for you, though.

mikesmom65270
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:04 AM

It's diphenhydramine, same as Benadryl.  If ZZZquill works for you, it would be much cheaper just to buy a box of generic Benadryl, often as low as one dollar for 24.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)