Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

those with girls! potty training help please!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:26 PM
  • 53 Replies
My dd is 2.5 years old and refusing to go potty. She knows exactly what to do but just blantely refuses. I have tried taking books in with us to read stories and also put her in regular cotton panties so she could feel the yuckiness. And doesnt even phase her. We do rewards for when she doea go as well. What are some things that i can do to make going potty more fun? And yes i do know she is ready because she shows all the signs and has gone several times before.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DonnaPinitonya
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Just ask her why she doesn't want to be helpful and use the big potty. My oldest was afraid of falling in but didn't like her training toliet so I just took her to the store one day, she picked the one she liked the best that just sits on the toliet and never had an issue again.

armyvet06
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:12 AM
I have asked her and she has said its because she doesnt want to.

Quoting DonnaPinitonya:

Just ask her why she doesn't want to be helpful and use the big potty. My oldest was afraid of falling in but didn't like her training toliet so I just took her to the store one day, she picked the one she liked the best that just sits on the toliet and never had an issue again.

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Im in the same boat and have tried various things with no luck  : /

littlesippycup
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Bump for some advice. DD is two and a 1/4. I'm ready to start training. 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:25 AM

I am no help since my dd was a late trainer.  Shoot my mom even was here for a week and saw that dd was not emotionally ready even though her body was physically ready.  The good news is she did not go into kindergarten using diapers and only one accident the first week of school due to having too much fun in the daily welcome routine.

Mommyfish831
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I suggest waiting until she wants to do it.  My son didn't potty train until he was 3.  We tried 3 times between age 2 and 3 but when he didn't care about his acciendnts I put him back in diapers.  Then right around his 3rd birthday he said he needed to go so I sent him in by himself since he already knew everything he needed to do, and that was it.  He used the potty every time from then on.

nikki4eva88
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:45 AM
She shows signs of readiness, but she tells you she doesn't want to, and you're still trying to make her go potty. That may backfire on you. I had DD in just panties in the house. And always asked of the needed to go to the bathroom. Eventually she started telling me when she needed to go, now she goes on her own.
Lionpaw
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't know, but am posting to see what others say!

My dd is 25 months and she will take off her diaper and sit on her little girl toilet every time I sit on the big girl one. But she won't go potty!

She has peed only once and I think it was just because the seat was cold!
The_Doodle
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:16 AM

My daughter does the exact same thing. I suggest getting a toilet ring and putting her on the actual toilet, not just a kid's potty. DD refuses to get near her kid potty but she will go on the toilet.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:16 AM
I would stop until she wants to.

Quoting armyvet06:

I have asked her and she has said its because she doesnt want to.

Quoting DonnaPinitonya:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)