Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

i need some advice

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:49 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm 24 years old with a daughter who will be six soon. I was clueless with my pregnancy with her.. now my husband and I are trying.. he isn't my daughters biological father but he is her daddy.. I just had my iud removed on February 13. I started on the 15 and ended on the 17. Tomorrow starts my high fertility days.. I have been told I could get pregnant on those days which is great. But I have also heard sperm can stay inside of you for up to 3-5 days.. now is that true? I know I'm going to be very fertile anyway seeing this is the first time ever in my life without some type of birth control. I feel like this is new to me again. I am planning for this one my daughter was my miracle. What are my chances of getting pregnant I'm trying to get pregnant by the 24th that's my birthday!! Please help I have no mother to talk to actually I have learned everything on my own how to be a girl then a woman and now a wonderful mother please no bashing
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I suggest you talk to your doctor about this.  What makes your daugher your miracle?  I am just curious.  I wish there was a mentor program for us adults when we need that support of an older person to help us navigate things.  From what i understand, IUDs can slow down conception but yes sperm can stay inside for 3-5 days before it dies.  It has to swim from the bottom to the top so imagine tiny tadpoles trying to navigate the uterus to find an egg.

nini_hannahs_ma
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:25 AM
My daughter almost died during pregnancy labor and whnen she was 2 months old she is my miracle in my eyes.. I had my iud removed and they said I'm fertile but my doctors confuse me and I tell them they do. My birthday is this weekend and Friday Saturday and Sunday are my high fertility days.. can I get pregnant on those days??
nini_hannahs_ma
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I also wasn't planning for my daughter either another reason she is a miracle
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Thank you for your story.   I have no idea on the fertility days and such since my dd was a surprise baby.  From what i understand and remember from health class (lol) the week before bleeding starts is usually the most fertile but i could be wrong.    Hopefully women who are or have  been through the trying to conceieve process can help you more on that.

Quoting nini_hannahs_ma:

My daughter almost died during pregnancy labor and whnen she was 2 months old she is my miracle in my eyes.. I had my iud removed and they said I'm fertile but my doctors confuse me and I tell them they do. My birthday is this weekend and Friday Saturday and Sunday are my high fertility days.. can I get pregnant on those days??

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi there! I'm not sure but you could try asking your doctor for clarification or maybe even ask the ladies on the Trying to Conceive group:

Mashly
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:38 AM
I deff believe sperm stays up there for up to 5 days my friend had iud taken out and within 3 months bam she was prego!! Gd luck it will deff happen even if not at specific time
grammarpolice
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Quoting nini_hannahs_ma:

I also wasn't planning for my daughter either another reason she is a miracle

Not to rain on your parade but that is basic biology, not a miracle (though all babies are, when you think about it...)

Some of the things you've said in the OP & replies indicate that you need to get a good book on basic reproduction & biology & read up.

Indianamomto4
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:23 PM

If you really want to know when you are most fertile and therefore best chance of conceiving. You can purchase and ovulation prediction kit which is a pee test much like a pregnancy test. Two of my four kids were conceived while using one.

nini_hannahs_ma
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Grammar police so you know at age 12 I was told I couldn't have kids.. I had to go through surgery and even with the surgery my chances were slim but thanks anyway but my daughter IS MY MIRACLE
grammarpolice
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Quoting nini_hannahs_ma:

Grammar police so you know at age 12 I was told I couldn't have kids.. I had to go through surgery and even with the surgery my chances were slim but thanks anyway but my daughter IS MY MIRACLE

Sorry to hear that, but you didn't tell us that initially. In the response I quoted previously you said she was a miracle because you weren't actively TRYING to have a baby...THAT is what I said is basic biology...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)