Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Freezer Meals?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:42 AM
  • 18 Replies

I'm in a freezer meal kick lately, and I've been cooking and baking like a fiend to stock my freezer. 

I made 3 dozen blueberry pancakes last week and wrapped them 2 in a pack and stuck them in the freezer.

Its wonderful, I am not a big breakfast eater, but my daughter is, so now all I do is pull a pack out of the freezer and reheat. 

I also made her some breakfast muffins and now I've been searching pinterest for more ideas, lunches and dinners, snacks, ect.

Do any of you ladies prepare freezer meals? Any suggestions?

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaralynnStewart
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:46 AM
Bump. Sounds easy. I might give this a go, especially for breakfast ideas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemonaghan
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:50 AM

It has been great!

I have a griddle so I was able to cook 6 pancakes at a time. Put them on a cooling rack. Once they were completely cool, I wraped them and popped them in the freezer. I pull out a pack, reheat it for 45 seconds in the microwave and she has pancakes.

Same with the muffins. I made them a couple days ago...

whole wheat flour, oats, peaches, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries & a mess of other ingrediets, but you get the idea. much better and tastier than a poptart. :)

Quoting TaralynnStewart:

Bump. Sounds easy. I might give this a go, especially for breakfast ideas

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:53 AM

I never tried to freeze home made pancakes.  That is a thought sometime. Maybe even waffles.  Then when I'm in a rush. Could toss some pancakes in the microwave. A waffle in the toaster.  I do other freezer meals.  I have some containers of soup and chili in the freezer.   Then a cheesy  pasta meal in a metal pan ready for the oven.

smurfbitebug
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Ooh.. bump, and someone like this. My phone is about to kick the bucket and I would really like to come back to this when I have a charge. Thanks in advance!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Schauseil
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:51 AM
bump
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I love to freezer cook!

breakfasts: waffles, breakfast sandwiches, muffins, breakfast cookies, breakfast "hot pockets"

lunches: pretzel dogs, burritos, chicken filled crescent rolls, mac and cheese, "spaghetti-o's" "hot pockets"

dinners: veggie burgers, lasagnas, chili's, sauces, pasta dishes(made Hawaiian Pasta Bake for the freezer yesterday)

mom2maryjoseph
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Try this book from amazon.  http://www.amazon.com/Once-A-Month-Cooking-Family-Favorites-Dinnertime/dp/0312534043/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361458797&sr=8-1&keywords=once+a+month+cooking

Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I'd done the freezer pancakes and waffles..........so much easier when gs is here.  I've also put chili, spaghetti and things like that in the freezer.  You can freeze meatloaf as well........just reheat if you don't feel like cooking or are in a hurry and there ya go

BlessedBeX3
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:19 AM

ahh no we dont, i thought you were going to ask about premade freezer meals you get from the store. i stay away from those, so much sodium, preservatives and additives in them :P yuk.

my friend made burritos and froze those. We were considering that since beans have so much protien and we could get a bag of red beans for 88cents, make the whole bag and have a TON of refried beans :]

littlemonaghan
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Ew yuck! To the store bought frozen food!
Although, I credit them for a lot of ideas, lol

I will be making breakfast and lunch burritos when my husband gets home from deployment, he will love them. He always complains he doesn't have time for breakfast in the morning

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

ahh no we dont, i thought you were going to ask about premade freezer meals you get from the store. i stay away from those, so much sodium, preservatives and additives in them :P yuk.

my friend made burritos and froze those. We were considering that since beans have so much protien and we could get a bag of red beans for 88cents, make the whole bag and have a TON of refried beans :]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN