Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

what can I use to get paint off of carpet?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:31 AM
  • 6 Replies
There was a good bit of paint that got poured on my green carpet anything that I can do to get the paint up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
christina0607
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Is it oil based or acrylic?

dewh2007
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:42 AM
All I see. Is light base interior latex...if that helps any? Sorry

Quoting christina0607:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Ok, so with a latex paint you'll want to allow it to dry completely then use a carpet paste(you can buy one or use white vinegar and baking soda) with a wire brush to get it out. 

Quoting dewh2007:

Quoting christina0607:

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

dewh2007
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Is it called just carpet paste or is there a certain name? Also would u know how to get paint off of a micro fiber couch? Its brown

Quoting christina0607:

Ok, so with a latex paint you'll want to allow it to dry completely then use a carpet paste(you can buy one or use white vinegar and baking soda) with a wire brush to get it out. 

Quoting dewh2007:

Quoting christina0607:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I have in the past used quick and brite, but I've also just made my own and it works fine.

For the couch, I would call the company that made the couch. Micr fiber is a sensitive material, and I would be scared to clean it, because you can change the color easily or damage it. I've actually never understood why they sell microfiber as a great material for people with kids. 

Quoting dewh2007:

Is it called just carpet paste or is there a certain name? Also would u know how to get paint off of a micro fiber couch? Its brown

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting dewh2007:

Quoting christina0607:

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

dewh2007
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Thank you so much! Yeah when dh picked out this couch I was like oh no :( most parts are in hidden spots..others not so much. I hate paint lol

Quoting christina0607:

I have in the past used quick and brite, but I've also just made my own and it works fine.

For the couch, I would call the company that made the couch. Micr fiber is a sensitive material, and I would be scared to clean it, because you can change the color easily or damage it. I've actually never understood why they sell microfiber as a great material for people with kids. 

Quoting dewh2007:

Quoting christina0607:

Quoting dewh2007:

Quoting christina0607:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN