Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you allow unbuckled adults in your car?

Posted by   + Show Post

The other thread got me wondering....

I know that most of us make sure our children are buckled up in the car....but what about other adults riding with you?  Do you insist that adults riding in your car buckle up?  (I'm talking about in YOUR car/when you are driving....not when you are a passenger in THEIR car.)

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Replies (11-20):
christina0607
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:51 AM
2 moms liked this

I allow adults to make their own decisions. 

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:52 AM

I have never met an adult who didn't automatically buckle up,lol. However, if I did, I would insist they buckle before I drove anywhere.

iwanabemomie
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:54 AM
No! Me and dh argue all the time because he thinks he can just get in a car and ride.he hates to reminded that it's state law you have to wear a seat belt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabyGsMommy11
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Don't the driver and passenger get ticketed if they are not wearing a seatbelt? I think that's how it is in Indiana at least. I could be wrong, but I could have sworn it was considered to be the driver of the cars responsibilty.

Regardless - I don't have time to get pulled over. Wear your seatbelt or drive yourself.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Seagodess
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Quoting BabyGsMommy11:

Don't the driver and passenger get ticketed if they are not wearing a seatbelt? I think that's how it is in Indiana at least. I could be wrong, but I could have sworn it was considered to be the driver of the cars responsibilty.

Regardless - I don't have time to get pulled over. Wear your seatbelt or drive yourself.

This is the way it is in my state. If everyone is not bucked and you get pulled over, its the driver who is responsible. Even if the person who doesn't wear the seat belt pays, it still goes on the record of the driver.

I make everyone buckle, if you dont want to, you can get out and find another ride. I'm not going to get a ticket because you dont want to follow the law. I am also not going to take the chance of you getting thrown through the window in a crash and killed because you didn't want to be safe. Sure its your own life you are risking, but I dont want that on my mind for the rest of my life knowing I could have done something.

dommad2
by Tamara on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:19 AM
I've seen first hand what damage can be done. No being is allowed in my van unrestrained.
robsgurl_23
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:21 AM

i just tell them if we get pulled over and I get a ticket they are paying for it not me cause they are the one who is unbuckled. I always buckle up even in other people's cars I buckle up. 

skippito
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:24 AM
I make sure everyone in the car is buckled no matter the age.
mama2beautiesnb
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:26 AM

i'm not getting a ticket b/c some adult who is already being a bad role model to the kids in my car, wont wear their seatbelt. everyone buckles.

FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:27 AM

No, and the adults usually weren't the problem, it was the teenagers.

I was the over indulgent mom who didn't want my kid walking the streets at 1240 am after a movie so I'd go pick him and his gang up.. and sometimes those kids got on my last nerve.

Usually the knew teh deal and shut up and do it.. but every now and again... whew

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN