Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you allow unbuckled adults in your car?

Posted by   + Show Post

The other thread got me wondering....

I know that most of us make sure our children are buckled up in the car....but what about other adults riding with you?  Do you insist that adults riding in your car buckle up?  (I'm talking about in YOUR car/when you are driving....not when you are a passenger in THEIR car.)

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Replies (31-40):
michiganmom5150
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:07 AM
My bf gets in, and will go like a mile with no seatbelt. After that the dinging my car makes gets on somebody's nerves and he puts it on. It's not usually on purpose, he just is always doing something if he's not driving. If my kids are in the car, EVERYONE is buckled. They will remind you if not. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:08 AM
The ticket would go to them...

Quoting Neuro:

I don't allow unbuckled anyone in my car. Sorry, if you want a ride, buckle up. I am not paying for the ticket or getting sued if we wreck and your family decides that it's all my fault for not making you wear a seat-belt.

RobinBright
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:10 AM

In my state, everyone must be buckled, regardless of age and regardless of seating position.  Even before it became law, of course I expected everyone to wear a seat belt.  It's a simple matter of common sense.  

And for those who say "I allow adults to make their own decisions," so do I.  They can decide to buckle their seatbelt, or get out of my car.  And I am allowed to make my decision regarding whether or not to take the responsibility for unrestrained passangers in my vehicle.  

PlaysAllDay
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I ask but if they don't want to I won't make them. They are adults. My parents do not wear theirs and will not.
Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I do insist on other adults riding in my car buckle up. 

Jebekarue
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:19 AM

In Florida they have a law that if there is anyone in your car, adult or child not buckled, you as the driver will get a fine.  I don't usually drive too many other people around but the few I have the first time I drove them as soon as I buckled they did too, i didn't have to say anything.  But if they hadn't I would tell them too, because I cannot afford a ticket nor can i afford their medical bills if we got in an accident.

JulesFairy
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:24 AM

All passengers in my car wear a seatbelt. I have never had an issue, its been the rule in my car since I started to drive. I start the car, ask if everyone's buckled and ready, and then we leave.

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:59 PM

No, I do not allow anyone to be unbuckled in my vehicle. I am a forme EMT level 2 and dh is a former paramedic we have seen too much to allow anyone to risk their lives. 

SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:00 PM

nope 

pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:02 PM
In the front seat, yes. Back no. I don't wear my belt in the back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)