Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

please help! he cant quit coughing

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:02 AM
  • 9 Replies

my son has seasonal allergies and takes zertech on a daily basis. last week he was out of school for 4 days because of his allergies were so bad his face had swollen, his eyes had dark cricles and he was running a fever and had a very sore throat. i took him to the doc. she gave him a strep test and flu test both came back negative so she just refilled his zertech and sent us on our way. well it has been over a week and he cant quit couching. this morning I got him ready for school and he was coughing so hard he puked on his self 3 times. It was mostly mucus that came up so it has to be his allergies. I have been giving him cough medicine but its not helping. I cant send him to school cause hes coughing so much and keeps puking. I dont know what to do. he cant keep missing school. any advice would be awesome. thanks.

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Meglet1970
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Take him back to the MD and tell her that the Zertech is not working.  Give her the other symptoms as well. 

greenie63
by Nancy on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I would take him to your doctor, stress the urgency. They may perform a chest xray, my son 2 years ago was coughing like crazy and vomiting, so bad he ways crying. He had pnuemonia, which was treated with antibitotics. Pertussis also comes to mind. If it's that bad maybe the ER. 

Ktina11
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:15 AM
We don't go to the dr often, but I would ne back there quickly. Obviously the zyrtec is not working or there is something additional going on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixie-buttercup
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:17 AM

That sounds like maybe a sinus infection or pneumonia. I would take him back in. Good luck!!! 

heartofgold3
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:40 AM

thanks ladies made him an appointment for this afternoon.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Does his cough sound any better since throwing up the mucous?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Chicklets13
by Kris on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I cough like that and I have asthma. I take singulair and have an inhaler. When I start coughing, I use my inhaler.

heartofgold3
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:50 AM

his cough sounds a little better not as rattled kwim. but he still cant quit the coughing. hes trying his best not to cough and keeps clearing his throat. I just feel bad for him. he says he doesnt feel sick but his chest and head is sore.

ozzyswifey
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Sounds like my son after 3 er visits and 4 Doc appointments he is still coughing and sneezing ughh good luck mama

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN