Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is it really THAT difficult?!

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:15 AM
  • 24 Replies

To make sure your hair is brushed and your socks are at least the same color before you walk out the door? I think my daughter thinks I'm torturing her right now.  I'm so tired of having this fight every.single.school.day. Yes, your hair needs to be brushed.  Can I run my fingers through it? No? Back to the bathroom to try again.  Did you brush your teeth? Back to the bathroom.  Remember deodorant? Back to the bathroom.  Matching socks? Back to the bedroom to find new ones.  GAH!

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
koolest_mom_of4
by The Illegal one on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:17 AM
2 moms liked this
Why do her socks have to match? Everything else I understand but socks seem like nit picking especially when mismatched socks are in
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SourRoses
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Haha! I can relate: )
ebbierowe
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this
My dd never wears matching socks...but its a teen thing
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I only care if teeth are brushed and hbair is somewhat knot-free. Socks aren't worth a battle to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CBMomma42
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:19 AM

How old is she? I still have to remind my 17 year old son to brush his teeth. lol

firehorse13
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Quoting koolest_mom_of4:

Why do her socks have to match? Everything else I understand but socks seem like nit picking especially when mismatched socks are in

Her socks don't have to match, but they have to at least be the same color.  She's not a huge fan of jeans or khaki's, and she wears a lot of leggings that only go to just above her ankle.  If she's wearing pants that don't show socks, or boots..I could really care less as long as she's got socks on lol

firehorse13
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Quoting CBMomma42:

How old is she? I still have to remind my 17 year old son to brush his teeth. lol

She's 10 lol I don't have much hope of it stopping any time soon

koolest_mom_of4
by The Illegal one on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Hmm well I still think its kinda nitpicking ... I mean you could always look at the positive side at least she doesn't give a shit about what others think ... Which is a pretty damn good quality in my book :D ps I'm 35 and my socks pretty much never match lol

Quoting firehorse13:

Quoting koolest_mom_of4:

Her socks don't have to match, but they have to at least be the same color.  She's not a huge fan of jeans or khaki's, and she wears a lot of leggings that only go to just above her ankle.  If she's wearing pants that don't show socks, or boots..I could really care less as long as she's got socks on lol

GirlieGal76
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

My 14-year-old DD doesn't wear matching socks, ever. This morning she left the house with an orange sock and a lime green sock on. That's just "the thing" now.

As far as the hair....I used to have that problem when DD was about 9 or 10. One day I got so frustrated and I told her she looked like a little homeless girl. She started caring a little more about what her hair looked like after that.

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:33 AM

A new trend is to wear NON matching socks.  They even sell non matching pairs of socks at Target.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)