Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I haven't posted about this for a while (piog)

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:10 PM
  • 4 Replies

so I just wanted to update.

Here is the link to my previous post

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/17292315/update_on_my_stepdaughters_mom_being_in_jail_piog_ANOTHER_UPDATE

So my stepdaughter has adjusted very well since being with us. Straight A's in school, she had a great Christmas and also celebrated her 8th birthday. Her mother got into a pattern of calling once or twice a week and would send letters. Most of the time her letters consisted of her telling her that she was never going to be away from her again. she is so sorry for everything, etc, etc. We had an attorney but unfortunately before anything could be done, he passed away. We have since contacted Legal Aid and they are going to take the case. We were concerned because we had heard that she would be released sometime in March and we needed to get things moving along quickly, unfortunately the mom was released early ( 2/11/2013), I found out the weekend previous that she would be out that day, but she kept telling her daughter that it was still going to be march, but she wasn't going to see her until the summer. so on the 13th of this month, 2 days after released she decided to call her daughter and let her know she was released. she called once more with was the 17th. and then we get a call on the 18th, this past monday, that she is back in jail and isnt going to be released. She went to the ex wife's house with the boyfriend, they broke in, they had a machete with them. They beat up the wife pretty bad and when the cops came the BM gouged the cops face with a set of car keys. This is her 4th felony in the past year, so they are thinking she is looking at 20-25 years in prison. My stepdaughter does not know as of right now. we cant bring ourselves to break her heart.

Just wanted to share a pic of her on her 8th birthday, she said it was the best birthday ever

EDIT TO ADD: I would also like to add that she told her attorney that everything she has lost has been worth it because she got the man she loves

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
justcyarra
by Brandi on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Bump!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:48 PM

it may make her sad but she is better off away from that psycho

jenny198356
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Wow...just wow!

She looks super cute at her party.

sweetboys4me
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:58 PM

She's so cute.  Glad she is safe with you guys :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)