Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Advertising is insane!

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:10 PM
  • 3 Replies

As I'm here on CM my husband is watching Touch on Fox and a commercial comes on from Burger King. In the commercial the employees and customers, including a "Muppet type character" at a Burger King are singing and dancing in celebration of the Whopper Jr. which is "just" $1.29. The insane part is that the Whopper Jr. used to be just $.99 so what exactly are they all celebrating? It's not like the customers should like the price going up and I very much doubt that in our fast food culture the increase in price will yield the underpaid employees anything at all...I HATE ADVERTISING AND THE WHOPPER JR. SHOULD NOT HAVE INCREASED IN PRICE THAT MUCH...ARGH!

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Diamondblue1
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:26 PM

fast food is not worth those high prices. i remeber at mcdonalds you could get a value meal for $2.99 3.24 with tax. Now you're paying 8 and 9 dollars for a meal and they shrunk the food

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:34 PM

popcorn

trainlady
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:57 PM

This is an advertising ploy. They know they raised the price and don't want you to remember it so they plant things on your mind to make you forget it. As for raising their costs, this is usually do to their costs being raised. If their suppliers from food down to the window washing product, prices are raising all over the nation. In this country advertising is the most money spent, bar none. Everybody sees about 5,000 signs per day. Think about it. Where do you go that you see signs? All down the street, in stores, in restaurants, everywhere you go. Advertising rules all spending. The complaint that I have is their advertising "artistic license" in spelling. Like night, nite, light, lite, and such things. This confusing children just learning spelling. They see these signs and then school tells them that is wrong. Very confusing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)