Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Eating healthy problem

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:31 PM
  • 22 Replies
I started eating super healthy and I track all te carbs, sugar, fiber, protein, fat, and calories I eat. I eat 5 servings of veggies, 3 servings of fruit, and eat fibrous foods like blak beans and I drink 80oz of water a day. My problem is I feel hungry all day. I usually eat 1700-2000 calories a day and if I eat more ill have over recommended sugar, proteins, or carbs. So if I eat more so I'm not hungry ill go over RDA but if I don't eat more I feel hungry all day. Idk what to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Sounds like you could use some more protein to help keep you going.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leissaintexas
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Are you working out as well? If so, 1700 calories may not be enough.
BoxxyBabee
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:45 PM
No I don't work out

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Are you working out as well? If so, 1700 calories may not be enough.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:06 PM

drink more water.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:42 PM

How much protien are you having a day?  When hungry, continue to munch on veggies and fruits.   Oatmeal is usually a good healthy snack as well.  How are you tracking carbs.... per meal or for the whole day?

BoxxyBabee
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:58 PM
I'm having 65g-75g protein a day. Track carbs by day

Quoting frndlyfn:

How much protien are you having a day?  When hungry, continue to munch on veggies and fruits.   Oatmeal is usually a good healthy snack as well.  How are you tracking carbs.... per meal or for the whole day?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andie646c
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:03 PM

0 carb foods like cheese and meat sticks are usually low in calories and only add extra protein (which for most people isn't a bad thing).

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Protein. And don't count fruit sugars. Rda of sugar is processed sugars not natural...I think
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Try using a diabetic diet plan which tracks carbs by meal  that way you are less likely to binge on sugar or junk at the end of day.  My guy has type 2 diabetes and when he follows the guidelines he was given for carbs, he is not as hungry after the meal or snack.  It keeps the sugar levels stable and not dropping real fast.

Quoting BoxxyBabee:

I'm having 65g-75g protein a day. Track carbs by day

Quoting frndlyfn:

madwifa
by Robin on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I feel the same way I have been eating super healthy like you and I am super hungry all the damn time. I have gotten to think it is just in my head I like food and I like to eat.

I saw someone said to eat Oatmeal while this is a great food make sure to eat it before 3 in the afternoon. Oatmeal makes carb overload.

This is not made up by me my dr said it I just went the other day and asked about Oatmeal he said to watch it.

Good luck

I say find a food you can nibble on I use sliced almonds in place of chips, raw green beans and celery.

I would like to see what others come up with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN