Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

traffic tickets and warrents.. ??

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:41 PM
  • 6 Replies

so my husband has some tickets we thought they had become a warant were waiting for our income tax so we could pay them. well i called the # and looked at the texas dps web site and they are not listed. i KNOW we did not pay them. should i just let it go or who should i call to pay them? 

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Seagodess
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

You need to call and talk to them about it and if they still need to be paid, pay them. If you dont, if your DH gets pulled over he could get arrested and the car could get towed. You'd be spending hundreds maybe thousands of dollars just on that.

sarah824
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:36 PM

This happened to my Dad 20 years ago. He knew he had warrants and couldn't get his license, but he needed ID to travel. Went to DMV and they offered him his license so he took it, no questions asked. I think sometimes a mistake happens and you can just move on. Dad never faced any issues with it.

honeybee69
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Umm yeah, an unpaid ticket and he gets pulled over means he will get his car towed and his ass thrown in jail until you can bail him out. 

My dh had paid his ticket, but this was a long time ago and they did not have computers, he did not have the stub saying he paid it in his truck. He got pulled over on his way to work and they towed his truck. He was arrained at the judges picnic table while the judge was in his bathrobe and put in a jail cell until he could get ahold of me. This was at 5am, I got up at 6am with the baby. So I had to feed the kid then bring the ticket stub out to the jail cell that was in the boonies to get him out. 

AjsMom0508
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Not sure how it works there but here that is all tracked by the drivers license number and can be tracked by that number simply by going to our equivalent of the DMV. They also can offset your state income taxes here and apply them to the debt.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
evaleesmom
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM

well hes had these tickets i talk about for a while like over a year.. he just got pulled over in october they ran his lisence and just gave him a ticket for no seatbelt..

Quoting Seagodess:

You need to call and talk to them about it and if they still need to be paid, pay them. If you dont, if your DH gets pulled over he could get arrested and the car could get towed. You'd be spending hundreds maybe thousands of dollars just on that.

evaleesmom
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM

hmm thats what i was thinking he needs to get his dl renewed so i figured they would let him know there if he has anything he needs to take care of.

Quoting AjsMom0508:

Not sure how it works there but here that is all tracked by the drivers license number and can be tracked by that number simply by going to our equivalent of the DMV. They also can offset your state income taxes here and apply them to the debt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN