Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

House remodeling help please. I need opinions.

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:10 PM
  • 4 Replies

We just finished updating both of our kids bathrooms with new vanities, toilets, sinks,mirrors, lighting, faucets & shower heads. We went with white cabinets & I am thinking a lighter gray would look nice. They are both rather small bathrooms so it needs to be light & airy looking. Do you think a light gray would look good with the new white in there? Also I am trying figure out a good new color for my kitchen. My cabinets are a light brown & white countertops. Light brown tile. It's a slate green color currently.

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
burch731
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:35 PM
No one???
christina0607
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:21 AM

I love grey and white. But I wouldn;t go too light. Have a good contrast. Color doesn't nedcessarily mean that a space will look smaller or darker. You ahve whote cabinets, so you ahve some light. I have brown bathrooms and they don't look dark.

My new favorite color in a kitchen is apple cider...we;; thats what I just painted mine anyway :)

Heres a pic

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

wifeofvet
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Maybe add a touch of blue or green to the gray, to give it some color.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
burch731
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Brown with a hint of red in it is what I am strongly considering. 

Quoting christina0607:

I love grey and white. But I wouldn;t go too light. Have a good contrast. Color doesn't nedcessarily mean that a space will look smaller or darker. You ahve whote cabinets, so you ahve some light. I have brown bathrooms and they don't look dark.

My new favorite color in a kitchen is apple cider...we;; thats what I just painted mine anyway :)

Heres a pic

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)