Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The Carol Burnet Show!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:33 AM
  • 18 Replies

who here wishes this show would come back on tv? I would love to see the old episodes again, and not just the infomercial to buy the collectors set.

I used to watch this show so much as a child, every day I would watch it :] I did watch Mama's family when that was airing and I loved it also. both those shows need to come back on. We need comedies like that again. Something I can watch with my girls :]

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beaugrl0824
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I love all those old shows. My and dd snuggle and watch I love Lucy all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlessedBeX3
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:38 AM

BUMP!

gammie
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Yes the old shows are the best. I'm sure you can find the old show at Walmart ,Target and share them with your kids.
I loved Carlo Burnet shows, I love Lucy, Brady Bunch, I believe laughter is th best medicine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wishbearmom
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

She's hysterically funny. I loved her Mrs. Wiggins routine. I also love her Gone With The Wind - especially her "dress." "I saw it in the window, and I just had to have it."

BlessedBeX3
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:00 AM

for me, it was carol burnet, i love lucy, lost in space, mama's family, All In the family so many more :]

Quoting gammie:

Yes the old shows are the best. I'm sure you can find the old show at Walmart ,Target and share them with your kids.
I loved Carlo Burnet shows, I love Lucy, Brady Bunch, I believe laughter is th best medicine.

BlessedBeX3
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

haha "mrs wiggins, can you uh.." "yes" "mrs wiggins, id like you..." "yes" haha best skit. and I was actually watching the infomercial where they were talking about it and apparntly there was a woman that was just like mrs wiggins in the office for the carol burnet show and they created mrs wiggins after her hehe

Quoting wishbearmom:

She's hysterically funny. I loved her Mrs. Wiggins routine. I also love her Gone With The Wind - especially her "dress." "I saw it in the window, and I just had to have it."

BlessedBeX3
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keL5ZyRcQ8I i just found an hour long episode on youtube!

Quoting wishbearmom:

Mama2JoshKatie
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:21 AM

We sound close to the same age. I also grew up watching Carol Burnett reruns on TV. They don't come on TV anymore unfortunately and I hadn't seen them in years. But some of the episodes are available on DVD now. I ordered some and they just arrived a few days ago so DH and I have been watching it. They are available through Time Life but I think they have some at Target too. I love Carol!

DSamuels
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM
My favorite part of the Carol Burnett show was when Tim Conway would make Harvey Korman start laughing during the skits and try to hide it. The all time best skit for that was when harvey played an actor and Tim played the old man who was his costume assistant. He had Harvey laughing sooooo hard and trying to hide it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatgirl70
by Carin on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Oh it was a favorite of mine growing up! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)