Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

OMG!!! she left him outside!!!

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:28 AM
  • 81 Replies
1 mom liked this

what age did you allow your children to play outside without you? its a snow day and i am going to let my 4, 5 and 7 play outside in our yard (our neighbor is my inlaws) and the streets are pretty dead

my oldest

i had to warn him not to eat the yellow snow..he asked why

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kitschy
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
My 4 year old can play alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyrelsmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM
My 5 and 7 year olds play alone. I'll let my 3 year old play outside with just them, but not completely alone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

this is the first time i have done it

i am a little nervous but i dont feel like getting wet outside LOL

Quoting Kitschy:

My 4 year old can play alone.

BlessedBeX3
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

they are still 4 1/2, 3 and 18 months so not yet. Idk if ill let them playout side without me for a long time lol probably untill they are 9-10

prinsteph
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:34 AM

We let our 3 yr old play in the backyard without us. We live on a pretty busy street though and she has NO concept of the danger of cars, it will prob be a while before we let her play out front by herself.

sissyboogs
by Katie on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:36 AM
My kids are 2 and 4. They don't play outside alone at our house because we live in a second floor apartment right in town. My 4 year old is allowed to play outside alone at my moms house. She lives in the middle of nowhere with a big yard. We just check on him from the window often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:37 AM

never in the fron yard, 4 in the fenced in backyard

a06z08mama
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:37 AM
2 moms liked this
My ds will be 5 in march and dd 7 in June and they have been playing out back in the yard since last spring. Its right off the kitchen so I poked NY head out or look out my bedroom window while I clean. Most of the time I sit out with them. But in this snow. I an out shoveling so they aren't alone. And when they are out in the snow its 5 minutes and they are fffrrrreeeZzzing .lol
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Around 4 if the yard wasn't fenced. But I can see all the yard and would check frequently.
nanasue31204
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM
My boys are 4,6 and 8, they play outside in the back yard alone. Usually by 3-4 they can go out in the back alone with me checking on them every few minutes. Now that my oldest is 8 I don't check as frequently and they do fine, usually pop in a at least once every half hour to ask me something. Gives me a little peace and a chance to clean up the mess that 3 boys and a 17 month old DD leave behind lol. We live in a wonderful town, our biggest crime is an occasional drunk person walking down the street being loud so I feel comfortable. If we lived in our former residence they'd never be out without me because it was not a safe city.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN