Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Gave birth to my baby boy.

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:37 AM
  • 44 Replies
2 moms liked this

So I had my baby boy feb 19th at 830 pm he weighed 8lbs 7 oz 20 1/2 inches long. 

him and his big sister.

anyway He is 5 days old and he sleeps for 3 hours during the day between feedings and I am bottle/formula feeding (no bashing). At night he will sleep 5 hours between feedings. I had to wake him because he pooped and didn't even cry. So i fed him and put him back to sleep and 5 hours later he wakes up to eat. IS this normal? My daughter was every 2 hours on the dot.  I know they say to wake him if he sleeps longer then 5 hours I only had to wake him once. I am calling his dr on Monday to ask him but I wanted your ladies opinion, thank you. 

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats on your new beautiful boy.  His sleep pattern is normal for him. Be thankful he is going 5 hours at night.

newmomat22
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:52 AM

thanks thats what my hubby said i just wanted to make sure. thaks for the help. 

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Congrats on your new beautiful boy.  His sleep pattern is normal for him. Be thankful he is going 5 hours at night.

sassygoddess
by Judy on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Whats his name?  He is adorable

MelanieMans
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Make sure you check his diaper often, ever since my 16 month old son was born he NEVER cries when he needs a diaper change even when he poops

mommy5912
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Every baby is different....My youngest would go to bed at 7pm and wake at 11pm and go back to sleep and not wakke up again until 7 am...she was like that from the day she was born...The doctor said it was normal and she would let me know when she was hungry...She literally ate, slept and shit for the first 7 months

goodmama85
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Awww congrats!! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goodmama85
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this
It's a shame you had to put no bashing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
newmomat22
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Alexander and thank you.

Quoting sassygoddess:

Whats his name?  He is adorable

newmomat22
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:52 PM

yea thats what my hubbby said. I have been doing that I just wasn't sure all the sleeping at night was normal. My daughter was so different and I know that every child is different lol. thanks for the help. 

Quoting MelanieMans:

Make sure you check his diaper often, ever since my 16 month old son was born he NEVER cries when he needs a diaper change even when he poops

newmomat22
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I know that every baby is different I just wasn't sure about the sleeping lol. Thanks for the help.

Quoting mommy5912:

Every baby is different....My youngest would go to bed at 7pm and wake at 11pm and go back to sleep and not wakke up again until 7 am...she was like that from the day she was born...The doctor said it was normal and she would let me know when she was hungry...She literally ate, slept and shit for the first 7 months

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN