Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hives?? Allergic Reaction?? Help please!!!

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:21 PM
  • 5 Replies

My son told me right before he went outside that he had a bug bite on his neck... I looked and it was a flea bite which he gets sometimes due to them loving them and our animals bringing them in. Well I sent him out to play and about 30 mins later he came in and I took off his coat and notices a BIG red Blotch above his collar so I lifted his shirt and THIS is what I find!!!

Well I call his doctor and they tell me to give him some Benadryl coz they can't get him in tonight and since he's breathing fine they don't think its an emergency... well 2 hrs later AFTER the Benadryl This is what his back looks like now and its spread to his chest and front of his neck!!

He is freaking out about it a little and is so upset that he might miss his VERY FIRST Field trip tomorrow... IDK what to do... Any help would be great!!!

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
armyvet06
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:25 PM
I would take him in to the er if your really worried. Or maybe go to a drugstore and try to find something that could help get rid of it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
youngmamma11
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:25 PM
My daughter had hives once. I noticed it on her stomach and by the morning it was covering her whole body... Face and everything. I but Benadryl cream on it but that didn't seem to help. Giving Benadryl orally helped the most. It was gone after a few doses. She's never broke out with them again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmeredith
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Here's a bump

robbinsroost
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Not much you can do for it. Give benadryl and if it does not improve after a few days he may need steroids. No reason for him to miss his field trip as hives are not contagious.

indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:58 PM

OK... I wasn't going to keep him home but DH was wanting too... Figured other ppl backing me up would help!! LOL Thanks!!

Quoting robbinsroost:

Not much you can do for it. Give benadryl and if it does not improve after a few days he may need steroids. No reason for him to miss his field trip as hives are not contagious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN