Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

jeep compass?

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:23 PM
  • 10 Replies

We are looking for a new car.we are looking for a jeep compass or something similar in size.any recommendations? I saw a 2010 jeep compass today for 15k that I loved.what would you recommend?

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Personally I run far from Jeeps I have never been in one that was comfortable. When I did a quick google search it seems that the Compass has low safety rating sub par reviews and 15k seems to be on the top end of the price scale.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
knagsmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Don't get a Jeep I have a 2002 Jeep cherokee n it's been nothing but Trouble. Battery issues. Starter issues. Seat issues. Hinge issues.
deputygirls28
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:01 PM
What kind of car seats do you have? A compass doesn't really allow room for a carrier and in a 5 point harness seat the kids feet will still slam into the back of the seat. And I'm short so the seat was moved pretty far foreword. I test drove one before sticking to the patriot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ccnstanczak
by Save Humanity! on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I have a 2001 Jeep Cherokee sport and LOVE IT.

LaLaMonkey
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Thanks. What about a Mazda?

LaLaMonkey
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:45 AM

we are using a true fit ff for my 3 year old and will soon move her up to a fn85. She will probably be our only child.

Quoting deputygirls28:

What kind of car seats do you have? A compass doesn't really allow room for a carrier and in a 5 point harness seat the kids feet will still slam into the back of the seat. And I'm short so the seat was moved pretty far foreword. I test drove one before sticking to the patriot.

deputygirls28
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:06 AM
If your still thinking about it, bring your dd and her carseat to see how she fits. My oldest has some long legs but there still isn't much room in the back seat.

Quoting LaLaMonkey:

we are using a true fit ff for my 3 year old and will soon move her up to a fn85. She will probably be our only child.

Quoting deputygirls28:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beans13
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:22 AM
My mom has one. It sucks for installing cars seats. Even a hbb that dd is now in never feels quite as right as in other cars.

We have a Honda CRV. Comparable size. We have had it for almost 7 years and only had to do brakes and tires.
LaLaMonkey
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:10 PM

thanks. There was a Honda crv and a Mazda 7 crossover too

Quoting beans13:

My mom has one. It sucks for installing cars seats. Even a hbb that dd is now in never feels quite as right as in other cars.

We have a Honda CRV. Comparable size. We have had it for almost 7 years and only had to do brakes and tires.

CourtneyCS
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:29 PM
I had an 09 compass and had nothing but problems with it. Things were going wrong with it that typically dont go bad till around 100k miles and there was only 45k on it. I also thought the trunk space was way too small. I traded it in a few months ago for a kia sorento. I will say the compass was good on gas though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN