Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I realized today that I am blessed that my son's father chose to walk away...

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:08 PM
  • 3 Replies
3 moms liked this
As a single mother I had pretty much resigned myself to being bitter about having been walked out on by a man I loved. Today I realized how blessed I truly am that he left. Not only did I meet a man who loves me more than anything he loves my son too as if he were his own. It is also a blessing that I can raise my son the way I want to raise him and have my decisions supported not ridiculed. I've had people question why I would want to raise my son without mentioning his biological father to him. It's not that I'm omitting him. If my son asked I would answer his questions as well as I could but he never asks. I'm sure the day will come when he does but until that time there is not a reason to talk about a man he likely will never see again. My ex is an overbearing, violent, manipulative man. He prides himself on hurting others and I didn't see it until it was far too late. Anyone reading this is probably wondering what prompted me to come to this conclusion. This morning after attending church my son's children's church leader stopped me and praised me for having such a sweet loving child and went on to tell me how wonderful it is for such a young child (Ds is almost 5) to have such a heart for God. At that moment I realized that if my ex hadn't chosen to walk away I wouldn't have been attending church that morning. It wouldn't have been allowed. I realized that the biggest blessing he could have given my son and I was his indifference. It has been a long time in coming but being able to forgive all the hurt he caused me is an absolute blessing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
acrogodess
by Lissette on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:13 PM
3 moms liked this
It's always wonderful when we can see the blessings of what we once considered heart breaking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Due9
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:32 PM

It was all meant to be in the end. :)

happehcrone
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Very well put. Also an excellent testimony as to why it does no good to harbor bitterness and resentment, but rather make peace with ourselves, learn from our mistakes and move ahead.  Good for you -I'm really, truly happy for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)