Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Twilight books

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:30 PM
  • 72 Replies
1 mom liked this
I never got into the whole Twilight craze when the rest of the world was. Although I loved Harry Potter!!
Anyway, I've recently become very interested in seeing the Twilight movies but I want to read the books first.
I was wondering if anyone had a PDF version of the first one or had it on their kindle or nook that they wouldn't mind sending. If I like the first one then I'll go out and buy the series.
Are they really as good as everyone has made it out seem?? Is it anything like HP??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Drewsmom8
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I don't have a PDF version but I did get into the whole twilight thing later than everyone else. My cousin spent the night and left the first book at my house so I decided to read it and fell in love with it! Lol 

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM
2 moms liked this
As an extreme Harry Potter fan and having read all the Twilight books, I can honestly say that, NO, they are nothing like HP!

To be perfectly honest, they're pretty poorly written and fairly predictable in plot. That said, I enjoyed them for what they are and it was a fun, easy read. The movies were pretty "meh" compared to the books.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Casperstalks
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM
3 moms liked this

if you don't want to ruin the movie for yourself, watch all of them first, then read the books. Otherwise, if you're like me, you'll be sitting there like "that's not right. what the hell! That doesn't happen like that! Fucking stupid ass bitch fucking director piece of shit!!!!"

so... yea.. (:

Jessica45
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:39 PM
I do the same exact thing with movies. Hahaha. I did it thru all the Harry potter movies, drove dh crazy!! That said I still enjoying reading the book first for some reason. :)

Quoting Casperstalks:

if you don't want to ruin the movie for yourself, watch all of them first, then read the books. Otherwise, if you're like me, you'll be sitting there like "that's not right. what the hell! That doesn't happen like that! Fucking stupid ass bitch fucking director piece of shit!!!!"

so... yea.. (:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica45
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I'm a total HP nerd. Lol. Dh makes fun of me for it.

Quoting beadingmom17:

As an extreme Harry Potter fan and having read all the Twilight books, I can honestly say that, NO, they are nothing like HP!

To be perfectly honest, they're pretty poorly written and fairly predictable in plot. That said, I enjoyed them for what they are and it was a fun, easy read. The movies were pretty "meh" compared to the books.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Mine does, too...I don't care, though, lol! My friend is knitting me a Gryffindor house scarf for next winter :)

Quoting Jessica45:

Quoting beadingmom17:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trixi.VonLace
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:45 PM
I actually suggest watching the movies first. I really enjoyed the movies and am now reading the books but its taking me forever lol because I have no time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jessica45
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 11:54 PM
So jealous!! I've thought about my mom to crochet one for me. I thought maybe I was being a little to nutty about so I haven't asked. I'm still thinking abou asking her though.

Quoting beadingmom17:

Mine does, too...I don't care, though, lol! My friend is knitting me a Gryffindor house scarf for next winter :)

Quoting Jessica45:

Quoting beadingmom17:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kristanna
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I started reading them only because I won tickets to wild adventures through the radio and when we went to pick them up they threw in a voucher for a free copy of the last book (had just came out I knew nothing about them). I LOVE to read so when I went to get my free book I found out it was actually the last in the series. I thought what the hell and bought the whole series then. I couldn't put them down. At the time I was working overnights doing home health care, and I was at a patients house from 7pm-7am, the patient was comatose, so I would just sit there all night and inject meds at the appropriate time but couldn't sleep. So I read the whole series in about a week lol. I really did love them, I think you should give it a try!

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:25 AM
She has an entire book of HP knitting projects! I totally want a sweater, too, but I'm almost 28 so I think I should reign in the nerd a little and stick with the scarf, lol! :)

Quoting Jessica45:

So jealous!! I've thought about my mom to crochet one for me. I thought maybe I was being a little to nutty about so I haven't asked. I'm still thinking abou asking her though.

Quoting beadingmom17:

Quoting Jessica45:

Quoting beadingmom17:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)