Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Who has a wedding ring tattoo?

Me and Dh are looking into getting them.

I do crossfit often which requires me to take my wedding rings off and have forgot them at the box a few times. Dh is in construction, so his ring cuts into his finger sometimes, gets scratched, bent, etc.

So we would like to have something permant so even if we are not wearing are rings there is something there.

Still trying figure out what we are gonna get, when he gets free time he is gonna draw up some ideas, but in the mean time does anyone wanna share pics of theirs?

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Replies (11-17):
Sweets32285
by ♥Jen on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I love my tattoos, but there is no way that I would do that. My husband knows it. I won't get his name either. He feels the same way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eirejade
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I've seen a lot of hearts or eternity symbols or initials, but there are also bands...like celtic knots you could do.  DF and I are thinking of doing wraparound feathers (maybe with heart) for us for personal reasons. If there's something special to you two why not put it there?

happehcrone
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Not to be a kill joy or anything, but I was in the body mod business for about 12 years sooo...FWIW...

I can't begin to tell you how many people we had who came in requesting cover-ups for things like wedding ring tattoos or (worse) names that no longer had good memories attached to them.  We typically tried to discourage people from getting things like that - just trying to be sure that they were making a well-informed decision and considering the possible consequences but hey, ultimately it's your body and your choice and we're there to offer a professional service. 

That being said, skin on hands and feet is different from that on other areas of the body and often does not accept ink as readily.  Tattoos on those areas are notoriously hard to heal and typically require one or more touch-ups - not like you can not use your hands and keep them completely dry through the initial healing period.  Also the work must be done in a very small space - so designs should be kept very simple and clean.  Otherwise, the possibility is quite high that what looked good on paper - or even immediately after it is done - will ultimately heal into a blurry blob  - especially if it isn't done by an absolutely first-rate artist with experience in doing that particular sort of tattoo. 

If you do decide to have it done, which it sounds as though you probably will - do yourself a favor and don't price-shop.  Find a well-established, reputable artist in a good shop, and when he quotes you a price, don't insult him by haggling over it.  Also, PLEASE listen to him (or her) if he makes suggestions for changes in a design you've drawn yourself.  What looks good on paper doesn't necessarily translate into a good tattoo design.  Tattoo art is a thing unto itself. 

Whatever you decide, good luck - hope it works out for you! 

Tonya_Lynn84
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Thank you for all this info.

I do understand the superstition attached to things like that.

I know the skin is different in those areas, as I have one on my foot. Doesn't look as good as the others, but looks decent.

My fingers are small, so I am thinking really hard, and I am thinking that it probably won't work out for my finger. Maybe a small heart or something but that would be about it, not want I want.

We have a good shop, and no haggling! You get what you pay for!

Quoting happehcrone:

Not to be a kill joy or anything, but I was in the body mod business for about 12 years sooo...FWIW...

I can't begin to tell you how many people we had who came in requesting cover-ups for things like wedding ring tattoos or (worse) names that no longer had good memories attached to them.  We typically tried to discourage people from getting things like that - just trying to be sure that they were making a well-informed decision and considering the possible consequences but hey, ultimately it's your body and your choice and we're there to offer a professional service. 

That being said, skin on hands and feet is different from that on other areas of the body and often does not accept ink as readily.  Tattoos on those areas are notoriously hard to heal and typically require one or more touch-ups - not like you can not use your hands and keep them completely dry through the initial healing period.  Also the work must be done in a very small space - so designs should be kept very simple and clean.  Otherwise, the possibility is quite high that what looked good on paper - or even immediately after it is done - will ultimately heal into a blurry blob  - especially if it isn't done by an absolutely first-rate artist with experience in doing that particular sort of tattoo. 

If you do decide to have it done, which it sounds as though you probably will - do yourself a favor and don't price-shop.  Find a well-established, reputable artist in a good shop, and when he quotes you a price, don't insult him by haggling over it.  Also, PLEASE listen to him (or her) if he makes suggestions for changes in a design you've drawn yourself.  What looks good on paper doesn't necessarily translate into a good tattoo design.  Tattoo art is a thing unto itself. 

happehcrone
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Good woman!!   You're the sort of client we were always happy to see 8D

Quoting Tonya_Lynn84:

Thank you for all this info.

I do understand the superstition attached to things like that.

I know the skin is different in those areas, as I have one on my foot. Doesn't look as good as the others, but looks decent.

My fingers are small, so I am thinking really hard, and I am thinking that it probably won't work out for my finger. Maybe a small heart or something but that would be about it, not want I want.

We have a good shop, and no haggling! You get what you pay for!

Quoting happehcrone:

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:10 PM

My oldest brother has his tattooed.  He and his wife are getting divorced for the SECOND time, lol.

bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:14 PM
A friend of mine has the eternity symbol around her ring finger...she's divorced now though. lol DOH!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)