Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

exercise dvd's?!?!

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:58 PM
  • 13 Replies

I finally got my income tax return so i can afford to get an exercise program without feeling to guilty for spending money. i have 25 pounds to lose. i was at 120 until i started level 2 of nursing school last semester. i had long hours and to many classes so i wasn't eating or exercising the way i should and  i went up to 137. I have been doing the slimfast diet now for a couple weeks and have been losing about a pound a week with that so now i'm 135. So what do you suggest? I know a lot of people love zumba and it worked great for them so i thought of trying that but i also heard some people didn't like it or didn't lose anything on it. so i would love opinions. thanks!!

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I love the Jillian Michaels videos.Especially the Banish Fat Boost Metabolism one.

Mommynwife26
by Brianna on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I don't like zumba cause I felt like an idiot lol. But Jullian michaels is good also the advocare 24 challenge is good too. If you want to actually do the whole challenge you could loose more than 25lbs, a lot of people loose 30 or more lbs in the 24 days or you could just add on muscle and get toned. It's a good diet as long as you follow everything and adding the dvd helps even more.

Tyrneathem
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Zumba and Jillian Michaels are both great. I was kind of uncoordinated (still am haha), so I started with stuff like Leslie Sansone... lame but effective.

noahscott
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:10 PM

thanks guys!! i'll have to check out that advocare thing. i watch the biggest loser and just love jillian. i never thought about getting her dvd's though. i'll have to check that out too.

jhslove
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I love, love, LOVE the Jillian Michaels DVDs. I have the 30 Day Shred and her Extreme Shed and Shred, and the thing I love most about them is that you feel like you get a really good effective workout in only 20 or 30 minutes. If you have time, you can do two levels of 30DS back to back, but they're good on their own too.

I also really like the Winsor Pilates DVDs. I have the Ab Sculpting and the Buns and Thighs sculpting, and I alternate Pilates with Jillian Michaels, and on the days that I don't do either I usually go for a long walk up and down hills pushing the baby in her stroller.

I have a gym membership, but I hardly ever go and I'm probably going to let it lapse when it runs out in June. I feel like between Jillian Michaels, Pilates and my long walks, I get a better exercise program than I did going to the gym, and because it's easier to fit into my life, I stick with it more consistently.

noahscott
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM

i also have issues going to the gym. two years ago i lost all my baby weight (27 pounds) just running and taking the kids for long walks everyday. i had a gym membership but its more of a hassle than benefit. i went a total of 5 times in the year i had it. i hope i can also stick with the programs at home.

Quoting jhslove:

I love, love, LOVE the Jillian Michaels DVDs. I have the 30 Day Shred and her Extreme Shed and Shred, and the thing I love most about them is that you feel like you get a really good effective workout in only 20 or 30 minutes. If you have time, you can do two levels of 30DS back to back, but they're good on their own too.

I also really like the Winsor Pilates DVDs. I have the Ab Sculpting and the Buns and Thighs sculpting, and I alternate Pilates with Jillian Michaels, and on the days that I don't do either I usually go for a long walk up and down hills pushing the baby in her stroller.

I have a gym membership, but I hardly ever go and I'm probably going to let it lapse when it runs out in June. I feel like between Jillian Michaels, Pilates and my long walks, I get a better exercise program than I did going to the gym, and because it's easier to fit into my life, I stick with it more consistently.

Blessedlife79
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I love walking so I love my walk away the pounds DVDs

Sweets32285
by ♥Jen on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:20 PM
I like Insanity. You hurt a lot when you're done. I need to start back up at it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommiieof1b2g
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Brazil Butt Lift by beachbody is AMAZING
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KZuz
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Jillian Michaels, Denise Austin bootcamp and her pilates...
But most of all, get off slim fast and eat real, clean foods. No sugar, white carbs or processed food.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)